BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tires are a little worn out and only have maybe 1-2mm left before the wear bars. I think it may be part of the issue when I drive, it just feels like the car is shimmying in grooves more than it used to. That and I think my alignment is ever so slightly off. Point is, I want to get some new front tires and am looking at the 255 Pilot Super Sports. When you guys replace yours, do you order them yourselves and bring them somewhere or have the shop order them? I used to bring my own on my last car but was curious if there was a good reason not to do so now.
Where do most of you take the Beast, the stealership or elsewhere?
Thank you,

~Pat

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got mine ordered from a local Americas Tire Co shop. They actually were about $100 cheaper than tire rack for brand new PSS tires and got them installed there as well.

P.S. don't go to the stealership unless you have maintenance warranty that covers labor etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I usually find a retailer online with a good price then go to my local Discount Tire or equivalent then have them price match the shipped price of the tires from the online source. This way you can have the good price and also purchase a warranty through your local company if chosen. Two weeks ago, I saved about $250 on a new set of Pilot Super Sports. PM me if you need details about the online Michelin authorized retailer I found the lower prices at.

Jace

·
Registered
124 Posts
Our local Discount Tire has the best prices and best balancing system. They offer an extra warranty that came in handy when my wife got forced into an island curb. PSS for sure.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips gents. I'm looking at the PSS' but also considering PS2's because I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep my stock 19's. I intend to switch to 20's in the foreseeable future, so PS2's which are considerably cheaper may be a better option. I'm definitely going to check Discount Tire's prices though.
~Thank you,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts