BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m not sure if anyone on here has heard of the rare e34 m5 with an automatic transmission, if you haven’t please take a look it’s worth the read! ( https://bringatrailer.com/2016/07/15/period-automatic-swap-1991-bmw-m5/ ) If you go to the bottom of this post the last comment posted explains most of the cars history including where the car was swapped at. But I’m here to let everyone now I’ve got my hands on the original transmission that came in the car. My husband and I acquired it from his boss(the original owner of the car.) We currently have no use for it as we both own m50 swapped e30s, so I’m looking to see who would be interested in buying this transmission before I post on eBay and craigslist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good morning Aleenakayy

Im in the process or restoring a 91 M5 and YES im interested in the transition. form what I read on the link, this is a zero miles transmission?

how much are you wanting for?

I have a Fedex account, so if you can have it packed on a pallet , I can take care of the transportation to central Illinois

let me know

Best regards

·
10,455 Posts
i would be interested as well, depending on price and location. (would be helpful if you would post those)

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good afternoon Aleen

I try to send yo de private message, but apparently im to new to the forum to do so.

have you made any decision ?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m located in North Carolina and ive done my research for what rebuilt trans go for so I think $5,000 for the transmission is pretty fair since it’s an original, never been rebuilt or tinkered with, and has never been ran on the road since 1991 when it came in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thank you Aleen, unfortunately its above my budget, thanks again for the opportunity, have a good evening in beautiful NC.

·
10,455 Posts
moved to the for sale page.

·
Registered
243 Posts
@aleenakay - I'll give you 5k for it and can pick up in NC.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] to work out the details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts