BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cruising down a 4 lane route and I think I was driving around 100 kms in a 70 kms zone and all of a sudden....V1 explodes with it's laser ringing alarm and my LE-30 blasts-off too ! I had never experienced laser with the LE-30 as of yet so the alarm was new to me and with both sounding at the same time I gotta say I was somewhat confused and startled...but it only took a split second to acknowledge what was happening and I braked rapidly to around 60kms...spotted the culprit and drove past noticing the puzzled look on the cops face :):):)

The two systems worked as designed and probably saved me at least the cost of the LE-30 right there.

You fellas that have a new LE-30 installed and have not heard an larm yet will be somewhat sartled as I was from the tone. It's not the arming sound you hear at startup but morw like a fast beeping and plenty loud.I was uncertain of my install as I know I didn't get the unit exactly level when I installed it under the bumper (two-sided tape right to the underside) but now I know it works :cheers:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Hey Greg - It scared the wazhooi out of me too, and all that noise just adds to the adrenalin rush. And the look on the cops face?..... priceless.

Happy hunting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...it was good !!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ManikM5 said:
Supposed the cops stopped you anyway, would you have got into trouble for having a laser jammer?
Not according to my neighbor who is a city police officer.If the officer actually had the time and opportunity to stop me he would have to search the vehicle.I would request if his intentions were to search my vehicle and under what grounds. As possesion of the device is not apparently not illegal here and there is no official ruling on using the device then he would have to perform an unwarranted search of which I doubt would happen.

on another note in my travels this am I encountered a laser trap in the opposite direction so I intentionally drove through it.This was the first intentional pass I've made through a trap and the office manned the gun handheld.He administered a dose of laser at a distance of I'd say 300yds and the V1 and LE-30 again worked flawless.Although I wasn't speeding....he would not of known that...ha !

·
Registered
890 Posts
GregC said:
Just cruising down a 4 lane route and I think I was driving around 100 kms in a 70 kms zone and all of a sudden....V1 explodes with it's laser ringing alarm and my LE-30 blasts-off too ! I had never experienced laser with the LE-30 as of yet so the alarm was new to me and with both sounding at the same time I gotta say I was somewhat confused and startled...but it only took a split second to acknowledge what was happening and I braked rapidly to around 60kms...spotted the culprit and drove past noticing the puzzled look on the cops face :):):)

The two systems worked as designed and probably saved me at least the cost of the LE-30 right there.

You fellas that have a new LE-30 installed and have not heard an larm yet will be somewhat sartled as I was from the tone. It's not the arming sound you hear at startup but morw like a fast beeping and plenty loud.I was uncertain of my install as I know I didn't get the unit exactly level when I installed it under the bumper (two-sided tape right to the underside) but now I know it works :cheers:
I thought radar detectors were illegal in Canada??

·
Registered
283 Posts
...not apparently not illegal...
Talk about double negations... apparently legal would've been easier. ;)

Glad to hear those toys work. Can you tell me more about the jammer? linkie? :)

I'm in B.C. so I know the detectors are OK. Dunno about jammers, though...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Detectors are legal in Alberta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts