BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good times...

Absolutely agree - very good group, interesting mix, some good stories, and lots of good information.

Looking forward to doing it again, before the next "first Saturday" meet.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Damn it Tom thats unacceptable...........

oh and I quit for a solid 2 weeks before jumping back on the wagon. How the hell did you do it?
Bro, it was NOT easy but,...here's the deal, I used to look at them and say this:

"You're NOT going to get ME."

I challenge you...seriously. No more....NOW.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My M5 is up on the lift without wheels or tires or a plenum....I have to finish it up so not sure if I can make it or not. I don't think you guys want a crappy 540 touring in its place! LOL

·
Registered
642 Posts
We need some type of national summer annual get together of M5s, like the Corvette people do with Carlisle and Bloomington Gold. I've never been to Bimmerfest, but those who have, say it's great.
There is a now annual meet in Columbus. It was a great time last year with about 22 e39 M5s and about 100 cars total. It is called Timmayfest. There is a thread here on the board about it. NC to OH with 6 cars. Sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
What? Dang, thought you would be done by now! :noSMG:
Parts took longer to come than thought, then I had an intermediate and more pressing issue with the 540 (door handle fell off) to deal with, plus other stuff. I think I got a little sick because I was feeling a lack of energy and very tired. I was also trying to locate a torque wrench for those stupid plenum bolts, but was told "hand tight" is more than sufficient....so I should finish soon.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have a small inch-lb torque wrench, screwdriver handle type. You're welcome to it.
No worries....but thanks. Between you, Chuck, and another friend, I was shamed into going to the garage last night to finish installing the plenum, coolant, sensor, and firing her up. She sounded nice and smooth. More testing to come after I flush the brake fluid and get the wheels and tires reinstalled.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'll sure try, if my car is here by then. Currently in Chicago awaiting transport. I fear that the weather is not helping.

Where is this to be?

Michael

101 - 120 of 284 Posts
About this Discussion
283 Replies
41 Participants
CSBM5
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing