BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thinking about it. My daughter's nap changed from 11a-1p to 1p-3p, so I may not be able to make it, especially if it's more than just a quick coffee/b'fast.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Crap, I am working this weekend - Oh well, may be next time

·
Registered
376 Posts
looks like we will have an e60 and an e34 joining us. All we need is an e28 and we will be complete....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now it looks like they are calling for some snow Saturday morning. We will have to see what happens.

Brian W.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Now it looks like they are calling for some snow Saturday morning. We will have to see what happens.

Brian W.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yep, weather doesn't look too good at the moment. I just had the M5 out yesterday for the first time since our last meet what with all the snow and then junk on the roads. I don't think I'll be able to make it this Sat anyway -- family commitments.

Cheers,
Chuck

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm out for sure. Marbles is having a cool NC symphony thing for kids and I want to take my little one.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I met Tom Ranck last weekend in anticipation of my Roundel article about him and his quarter million mile car. Nice to meet you Tom, thanks for driving up to meet me!

Tom's car is really nice, even if it didn't have all the miles on it. He's obviously taken good care of it.

As some of you may know, I had a beautiful 2003 that I bought from the original owner in Chicago with only 18K miles on it, drove it for about 5 months and then it was totalled three years ago. I was so disgusted, after all of the trouble that I went through to find that car that I didn't want to find another one, so I bought the E92 335 and had that up until this October. Then my new F10 535 arrived. Nice car. But it ain't no E39. And it sure ain't no M5.

So... I've been looking, shopping, lurking, but nothing has come up. I've actually been looking for 3 years. I told my buddy at work that I'm not buying another M5. The ones that I'm seeing are just too crappy, they have no records, they have too much mileage. What Tom said stuck with me - he had no problems with his car until around 80K miles. So I told my buddy that only if I found "the right car" would I get another one. That was yesterday at lunch. Seriously.

Then last night I found it. Rather by accident, as I was looking for photography lighting equipment on Craigslist, and then found a gorgeous Euro E34 M5 with 125K but for only $10K - it's verbally sold, I called on it - and then thought, hey, let's see what's out there in E39-land. And I found this car. Oh snap!

2000. Carbon black/black, 15K miles. That's right, fifteen thousand miles. OMG. So I emailed, I called, we chat, I offer, he thinks, he counters, I accept. PPI tomorrow, snow permitting (he's up North). Nice guy, CCA member, enthusiast, "amateur collector" he calls himself. I expect the PPI to be fine, and with the lousy weather this Winter, I think I may just have this one shipped. More details later as the deal is finalized, but I'm psyched! Looking forward to meeting all you guys that I don't already know, probably next month.

Michael

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Wow Michael - What a find! You certainly deserve another e39 M5 from the bad luck that you have related.

Maybe we can put the two cars together for the article - "The Garage Queen and the Road Warrior"!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sounds like you definitely deserve it beemer guy, congrats!!!!!

As for tomorrow it's not looking to bad for now, I guess just check the boards or the facebook page before leaving tomorrow

·
Registered
121 Posts
Weather held out so we had a small get together this morning. We had 1 E34, 3 E39, and 1 E60 show up.

Enjoyed the great discussion this morning, thanks!

81 - 100 of 284 Posts