BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hey, glad to see some fellow owners in the Raleigh area ... I just picked up a 2000 M5 from Virginia yesterday ... LeMans Blue with Silverstone. 42K miles. When's the next meeting?
I'm sorry but at this point, we have far too many LeMans Blue M5's - My suggestion would be to find a local body shop and have the car repainted.

Send us a picture of proposed new color choices and we will have a consensus of approval.;)

Next meet TBD - see you then.:byebye:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'll be in town the 22nd-26/27th or so and would love to get some beasts together if anyone is interested. I am planning to take at least one or two afternoons to detail my car while I have some free time and want to get away from my crazy family. I live by north hills mall if anyone is nearby.

Looks like I'll be representing Jet Black!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Hey, glad to see some fellow owners in the Raleigh area ... I just picked up a 2000 M5 from Virginia yesterday ... LeMans Blue with Silverstone. 42K miles. When's the next meeting?

You didnt pick up the 2000 from fairfax BMW that was involved in a fiasco a month ago did you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well there you go I guess I am very naive when it comes to these cars ... I obviously didn't research it enough. My mistake! The car is in very nice condition for the year and didn't miss a beat on the 270 mile journey yesterday ... They gave me all the recent paperwork which included several thousand dollars of work to fix the codes they found when the car was traded. I guess I will just have to wait and see how it runs in the next couple of months ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd say I'm one of the few LMB owners in the triangle area but mine is looking more TiSi with all the salt on it from the drive up to VA Beach!! Welcome to board and the triangle owners group. We LMB's are quite rare in the area....

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Well there you go I guess I am very naive when it comes to these cars ... I obviously didn't research it enough. My mistake! The car is in very nice condition for the year and didn't miss a beat on the 270 mile journey yesterday ... They gave me all the recent paperwork which included several thousand dollars of work to fix the codes they found when the car was traded. I guess I will just have to wait and see how it runs in the next couple of months ...
I wouldn't worry a second about it. If the issues are sorted, then you're probably good to go. If there are more hidden things, you can likely get those sorted without too much trouble. Mpowered Automotive is a good local indy for the M5 if not a DIY issue. Enjoy the car!

There must be some sort of LMB-magnet in the RTP area now. In the old days, whenever I used to see an LMB M5 I assumed it was Brian (Redshift) which it usually was as I only rarely saw one other LMB M5 (never met the guy). Now they have replicated like rabbits here. :M5launch:

Chuck

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Their manager joined the forum and claimed that all was fixed. I was in the market at the time and the way they dealt with me (even before the fiasco with the other buyer) made me steer away from the car and the dealership. I hope you got a good deal and were able to negotiate.

Welcome to the M5 Club!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think Cars and Coffee is actually scheduled for 1/1/2011. I dont know about the rest of you guys but I dont think I will be in shape to attend anything that morning. How about the following Sat?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think Cars and Coffee is actually scheduled for 1/1/2011. I dont know about the rest of you guys but I dont think I will be in shape to attend anything that morning. How about the following Sat?
I'm good with the following weekend, but there's a chance the M5 will be under construction so I can always drive the wagon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Me, Too

Although our family tradition is to ignore New Years Eve, and go to bed around 10:00pm, so I'll probably attend the 1/1/11 meet. And, the next weekend is good, also - sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yeah, I expected the meet to yield silver (and derivations), jet black/carbon black, and then Imola and LMB in that order of quantity given what I've observed over the years around Raleigh. Sort of like these pics from the Performance Center back in the day.

Stand in middle of M5 parking area. Look left:

...then look right:

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Really strange behavior of the board here. Does anyone see the above pictures from the PC? On my laptop the above post is blank, but on the PC I did the post on, it shows the pictures? Anyway, here they are attached to this post, perhaps they'll show up if they don't display above.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Really strange behavior of the board here. Does anyone see the above pictures from the PC? On my laptop the above post is blank, but on the PC I did the post on, it shows the pictures? Anyway, here they are attached to this post, perhaps they'll show up if they don't display above.
I don't see them in the orig. post but I do in this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend but let me know when the next meeting is planned as i'd like to come say hello ...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good for Me

This weekend is fine with me.

I went to Panera this last weekend, and it looks like the Porsche club has co-opted the M-5 meeting place! When I went by the normal place, it looked like only the Corvette club was in attendance - but that was just before 10:00: maybe others showed up later.

61 - 80 of 284 Posts