BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Nice turnout and assortment of colors...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Beautiful:goldcup: The beasts waiting for their masters:cheers:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I am sorry I missed the meet, would have been nice to see you all.

Hopefully there will be one more meet soon

·
Registered
376 Posts
Great pic!!! If anyone care I am the first silverstone on the left.

By the way that neon was a rare ESS S62 swap car

·
Registered
835 Posts
Had a good time hanging out. There is one more LMB that showed up after that pic for a total of 6! There also was a silver one that joined us over at the C&C after we were there. Hoping we can get together again!

Maybe we can get an e-mail/contact list of everyone. Possibly a facebook page for our group?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
As Alex said in the other thread, it was great meeting up with everyone today. I looked at that pic of most of us with our cars, and couldn't figure out where I was (then realized I was sitting in Tom's car after I drove it -- I had no idea everyone lined up for that pic). When we all pulled into cars and coffee, the one E39 M5 owner who was there (and didn't know about our meetup), said he was happy to see another M5 showing up...and then another one following it...and then he realized there was a line of eight M5s coming in and couldn't believe it. :)

We'll have to meet again on a C&C day. Meeting at Panera was actually pretty nice since we had that large, open parking area. Interestingly, PedM5 was right in that other thread about the cold. It might have been 75F last week here in Raleigh, but we've got about 1" of snow on the ground tonight, and it's still coming down. Fortunately, we had ok weather, albeit cold, this morning.

Driving Tom's M5 with 242,000 miles on it was amazing. The car feels like it has 42,000 on it (and looks that way too). Someone (i.e. Roundel?) should do a story on his car (original owner), and his experience over 242,000 miles in an E39 M5. I had forgotten just how well sorted a totally stock M5 is on the street. Nice car Tom and congrats on keeping looking almost showroom new for 11 years and all those miles.

Chuck

·
Registered
376 Posts
Chuck, I could not agree more. Just looking at the condition of the car makes it seem as if it was stored in a time capsule since new. It is good to know that people are continuing to maintain and love these cars despite how many of them out there have been neglected and improperly cared for. If every owner were to be as meticulous and caring as Tom is maybe the values would not plummet as much as they have.

Cheers to you Tom!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Guys, I created a facebook group for us. Hopefully most of you are on there. It's just named "Triangle M5 Owner's Group" Not sure if this link would work: Logga in | Facebook

This is the first time I've created a group, but seems pretty simple. Thought it would be a good way for us to stay in touch.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Mine is the blue one. Yeah, ok, that joke is old and was already tired by 8am.

Had a great time with you guys this morning. Let's so it more regularly.

Pretty cool how we missed the snowstorm....everything is covered in white here!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice looking cars

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Very nice gentlemen. Who owns the silverstone w/ the VMR wheels?

·
Registered
282 Posts
As Alex said in the other thread, it was great meeting up with everyone today. I looked at that pic of most of us with our cars, and couldn't figure out where I was (then realized I was sitting in Tom's car after I drove it -- I had no idea everyone lined up for that pic). When we all pulled into cars and coffee, the one E39 M5 owner who was there (and didn't know about our meetup), said he was happy to see another M5 showing up...and then another one following it...and then he realized there was a line of eight M5s coming in and couldn't believe it. :)

We'll have to meet again on a C&C day. Meeting at Panera was actually pretty nice since we had that large, open parking area. Interestingly, PedM5 was right in that other thread about the cold. It might have been 75F last week here in Raleigh, but we've got about 1" of snow on the ground tonight, and it's still coming down. Fortunately, we had ok weather, albeit cold, this morning.

Driving Tom's M5 with 242,000 miles on it was amazing. The car feels like it has 42,000 on it (and looks that way too). Someone (i.e. Roundel?) should do a story on his car (original owner), and his experience over 242,000 miles in an E39 M5. I had forgotten just how well sorted a totally stock M5 is on the street. Nice car Tom and congrats on keeping looking almost showroom new for 11 years and all those miles.

Chuck
Chuck, I could not agree more. Just looking at the condition of the car makes it seem as if it was stored in a time capsule since new. It is good to know that people are continuing to maintain and love these cars despite how many of them out there have been neglected and improperly cared for. If every owner were to be as meticulous and caring as Tom is maybe the values would not plummet as much as they have.

Cheers to you Tom!!
+1 Wish we had taken a picture of Tom's odometer...

I bet it was neat seeing us pull into the parking lot for CNC.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts