BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at pictures of various wheels/rims for potential ideas down the road and came across the white letters on the low profile tires and wondered what they would look like on an M6. Clearly the M6 is not a "track/race" car in the sense most commonly envisioned, but I'm still curious how it would look.

I have the black and white theme, so black powder coated stock rims, I wonder if some white "MICHELIN" on each tire wouldn't look too bad.

BimmerBoost

Am I being ridiculous? Is it really overly ricer?
This is how she currently sits - I just installed a CF JL Motoring trunk spoiler, which is why I took these today.

Please forgive the iPhone pics.

Here is one feasible way of doing it, were one inclined to do so. I'm open to all opinions as I'm not even sold I'd like it.
http://tredwearletters.com/gallery-tire-paint-lettering-alternative/

~Pat

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the look AS IS. very clean. why provide free advertisement? :Thumbdown:
Thanks for the compliment, and honestly, I'd say it's partially to break up the black of the wheels and tires some and somewhat just for fun/a new look. New rims will be ordered eventually, but prob not for another 6-9 months. Again, just thinking out loud really.

·
Registered
976 Posts
No to the white tire letters. No way!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the idea, but honestly only remember ever seeing it on race cars. I think it would enhance your current car's look - not that it needs it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Definitely looks cool on those M3s, but they're running beefier tires.
May look cool on your car as well.
Maybe play around with some washable markers or stencil some masking tape on one wheel to get an idea.
Can also photoshop if you have the skills.
Would like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
For me, they look good on race cars (with lots of decals and other stuff already going on) and old school muscle. Love your car as it is. The link to the 3 series in the early post wasn't bad but it detracted from the clean look for me. If that is what you are going for, I don't have a problem with it but it makes me start looking for other visual stuff on the car.

Have fun either way - its your car after all!

:cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting mix of opinions.
Here is an example of why I think it looks really good:

Now granted this is a black car with little else going on, but I think it looks very clean nonetheless.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dude get it if you like it! it's your car, your choice/taste and you will pay for those tires and I bet there will be a way to blend it back to black if you get tired or don't like it anymore!! just my opinion brother

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still torn. I may well get some tire marker and give it a shot for a couple days and then seek out a more permanent solution if I like it.
More to follow.

Reactions: jimsm6
1 - 13 of 13 Posts