BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I did a search for this, and found that others were having issues when using spare keys, etc... well my radio went on mute and I only have one key for the car. I didn't touch anything just when i got out of the gym, car was parked for about an hour and a half... the radio was stuck on Mute.. and I couldn't get it to un-mute... I even tried shutting off the car and restarting... anyone have this happend? Any ideas??

Thanks in advance....

Alfred
06' M5

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I had this once a while back. It just sorted itself out after a while before I got it into the dealer! You could try disconnecting the battery see if that helps, but I think its advised against disconnecting battery.

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can reset the radio by pressing the volume button and both eject buttons at the same time. Only the radio will reboot.

When you turn the car off and turn it back on, it doesn't reset the radio, you need about 20 minutes for the systems to shut down. So the three button trick will do this on the fly.

I learned about the rebbot on this forum after this happened to me once on a two hour drive and I had the 80's Sirius station stuck. Ever since then I haven't been able to listen to the 80's station again. It got pretty annoying after about 15 minutes. :eek:h:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heheheh, i can understand about the 80's music... :) well, it turned out I didn't have to do anything... apparently it reset itself overnight... weird....

Thanks for the reboot hint though... i'm sure it'll come in handy at some point.. Still getting used to the new toy... Love this car!!!!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah, the reset WILL come in handy, I've had to use it a couple of times since the 80's fiasco.:confused3

Congrats on your M5, it seems we have a ton in South Fl. Us and Socal seem to be the M5 hot spots.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah... but not everyone can pimp an M5 like we do in Miami baby!!!! heheheheh

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I learned about the rebbot on this forum after this happened to me once on a two hour drive and I had the 80's Sirius station stuck. Ever since then I haven't been able to listen to the 80's station again. It got pretty annoying after about 15 minutes. :eek:h:
I listen to First Wave all the time, I'm stuck in the 80's :confused3

A friend on a cross country drive sent me an urgent text message, when his iDrive froze. The 3 button reset restored his sound :applause:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Old thread, but exactly what I needed. This place is a wealth of information that never ceases to amaze me! Thanks everyone for this awesome forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts