BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys find the radio presets extremely slow? i know it has to download station info (if enabled), but the seek function is not slow. when seeking, the radio plays before it even reaches or displays the station you're tuning into. but when using the presets, it can take 5 secs before playing.

just took Sterling into the shop for SES light, and mentioned the radio presets being slow. I knew I would get the 'it depends on the station strength' response. but since it can seek quickly, they will 'take a look'.

slowness normal?

James

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
SpiderSense said:
Do you guys find the radio presets extremely slow? i know it has to download station info (if enabled), but the seek function is not slow. when seeking, the radio plays before it even reaches or displays the station you're tuning into. but when using the presets, it can take 5 secs before playing.

just took Sterling into the shop for SES light, and mentioned the radio presets being slow. I knew I would get the 'it depends on the station strength' response. but since it can seek quickly, they will 'take a look'.

slowness normal?

James
When I hit a preset station button, the change is close to instant.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
SpiderSense said:
got a call from the dealer. they say the slowness is normal. oh well.
See if you can find a used on on a car lot or there are other listers nearby for comparison. Or better yet, find a better dealer!!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
97 Posts
My experience has been that it varies with the station. One NY station takes a good 3 seconds and others work almost instantly. FWIW I have the "updated" 2003 radio.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
right.. even in the manual it says it depends on the station strength. but if it was a weak station, seeking to it should take time too. i guess i'll turn off the feature where it downloads text info from the station and hope it is more acceptable. i cant live with the slowness of the presets. oh well..

thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine is almost instant always, independent of signal strength. I do not believe this to be normal at all. It tunes in static quite well, thank you.

Now if only the CD changer would be that quick....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. i turned off RDS and presets are fast. the seek function just plays the station before the station info is acquired. this design should be applied to presets as well imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts