BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have an idea of which fuse this could be? I've tried the manual and it indicates the Radio is 25, 43, 44, but I don't see a listing for the turn signals/blinkers. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
TripleD

·
Registered
247 Posts
There is no fuse for the turn signals. The light module controls them. The LM has a fuse or two under the passenger side carpet, I think fuse 111/112. I think they are mini fuses though...

Anyways, unless you've got water damage thats not your problem.

Sounds like an ignition switch to me... So it's not as simple a solution as you thought.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just spent some more time swapping various fuses and not much luck. The signals now work, but they now do not make that audible clicking noise. And still no radio.
A few months ago, I had a problem with my central locking system blowing fuses and thus determined with the help of this site it was the fuel door actuator. There's no way my indie mechanic would have ever determined this.
Thus I was hoping it was some other strange problem with an easy fix.

So, please chime in if you've ever experienced this and I'll keep searching the forums.
TripleD

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hate to bump a nearly 2 year old thread, but i'm running into the EXACT same issue. Bizarre!!

Anyone have any thoughts on what could possibly be the culprit?

·
Registered
756 Posts
when i was having major audio issues a while back the thing that fixed it was getting some compressed air in a can and blowing it in to the cd changer and nav computer etc, fixed it instantly, months of hassle sorted, i had no click to my indicators and no red light on the display, hth.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, just spent some more time swapping various fuses and not much luck. The signals now work, but they now do not make that audible clicking noise. And still no radio.
A few months ago, I had a problem with my central locking system blowing fuses and thus determined with the help of this site it was the fuel door actuator. There's no way my indie mechanic would have ever determined this.
Thus I was hoping it was some other strange problem with an easy fix.

So, please chime in if you've ever experienced this and I'll keep searching the forums.
TripleD
Thats actually a very common problem with the actuator. And probably the second check of any person who is a BMW/indy tech.

Hate to bump a nearly 2 year old thread, but i'm running into the EXACT same issue. Bizarre!!

Anyone have any thoughts on what could possibly be the culprit?
As my post above, most likely an ignition switch issue. Next time you are sitting in the car with it running, try using the drivers side vanity mirror (folded down with the light open). Try sliding the mirror cover open/closed and see if any of your issues are affected.

Rob

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sometimes this forum is useful, if only to know that you're not the only one suffering misery!

After pulling my car from winter storage everything worked fine. Three days later the radio buttons became unresponsive, now entire nav/radio is shut down, and no signal indicators either (the signals work outside the car, but no click or display on the dash). This is actually the second time it has happened to me, the first was after ten days of sitting. My solution then - after a Board search - was to disconnect the battery for an hour and let all systems "die", and reboot once reconnnected. That one worked. So, I try it again this time, as logic would dictate. However, no change. I'll keep looking in the meantime, but if anyone has a solution to suggest, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
dead/dying battery (<- gets my vote), I-bus wiring short, or a faulty device that communicates via Ibus.

Reactions: chowdah

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well it looks like I was just impatient perhaps. After two on-off cycles and 30 min of driving, the "BMW" splash screen came up, then the radio, then the turn signal indicators. Whew! Reboot is still the solution it appears. Now if I could just find out the cause...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Well it looks like I was just impatient perhaps. After two on-off cycles and 30 min of driving, the "BMW" splash screen came up, then the radio, then the turn signal indicators. Whew! Reboot is still the solution it appears. Now if I could just find out the cause...

the cause is 10-year-old, modern digital electronics (what an oxymoron) - they can act really funky with low voltage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had similar symptoms once before... Do you have a Navigation unit? - I plugged it of and radio started working. I made this from the trunk, just plugging of the connections of the unit. The Navigation unit was broken. My Nav-Radio etc. screen was blanked (white) then. All working again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts