BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to hook up the Valentine One detector to the electrical system without using the lighter plug. Should I get the dealer to instal or is it fairly straightforward to do oneself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by as:
Does anyone know how to hook up the Valentine One detector to the electrical system without using the lighter plug. Should I get the dealer to instal or is it fairly straightforward to do oneself.
There is a copy in New York City called Teknicar [212-765-4777] that will do an install of the Valentine 1 and the K40 defuser that looks factory installed. The indicator for the Valentine is etched into the rear view mirror. It looks great and reportedly works very well. They undoubtedly have other installation solutions as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by as:
There is a company in New York City called Teknicar [212-765-4777] that will do an install of the Valentine 1 and the K40 defuser that looks factory installed. The indicator for the Valentine is etched into the rear view mirror. It looks great and reportedly works very well. They undoubtedly have other installation solutions as well.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The installation is a piece of cake and you can do it yourself. There is a green wire up behind the roof panel that you can use, and for ground you use one of the sunroof motor mounting screws. It's all documented with photos and instructions on the web.

To get the roof panel down, remove the little cover opposite the sunroof switch - I think it is for the hands-free microphone. Then put you finger in that hole and pull down.

I don't have the URL handy, but I know someone else here does - more importantly you should be able to find it in past threads just by searching this board.

[This message has been edited by greg (edited 28 October 2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.