BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really like to know, how can I do a racing-start without using LC? :confused:

I am not able to shift from N into fist gear (neither with the wheel-paddle nor with the lever) while reving the engine! Is that just not possible or do I make a mistake. I appreciate any advice, thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Try doing the same as with the E55 AMG ?

Brake with left foot and give a little gas with the right until you feel it want to go, then let go of the brake.

I've simplified it a bit and haven't driven the car yet, but I'm sure after a few different combo's you will find one that works :cheers:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Its my understanding that a brake stand is where you hold the brake as hard as you have to so the car won't go forward.

It cant be good for the transmission.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Power-braking will certainly wear the clutch on the SMG unlike the torque converter of the E55. However, if it is done for less than a second, you can likely get away with it occasionally without too much damage. I assume that the SMG programming will allow this? What happens when you hold the brake, give full throttle for a half second, and then let off the brake?

Tom

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
bernhtp said:
Power-braking will certainly wear the clutch on the SMG unlike the torque converter of the E55. However, if it is done for less than a second, you can likely get away with it occasionally without too much damage. I assume that the SMG programming will allow this? What happens when you hold the brake, give full throttle for a half second, and then let off the brake?

Tom
I don't dare to do so. My M6's not broken in yet!!!!!

I advise against reving the engine in first gear for a while - waiting for the go - and to keep the brakes jammed. It seem there is no alternative to using LC. As for doing launches, a manual transmission is more fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts