BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching around I came across Racing Dymanics website and saw a few things of interest. First is their 506hp RS50 motor.

"

Revised internal components allow the RS50 to reach a staggering 8.800 -1/min. New camshafts, a revised valvetrain with larger exhaust valves, and higher profile cams, allow the RS50 to breathe better and pass the 500 HP mark with ease. The RS50 includes an exhaust with tubular manifolds, X-Flow downpipe, and rear silencers. "

Anyone have experience with that? Seems like a very nice compliment to something like an S2 package, since it does the thing the S2 doesnt (or S3 for that matter). Price? Still avail since its under the Out of Production?
Also have a 465hp "Power system" listed, cams, headers, velocity stacks, exhuast, tuning...

Second thing I saw that I liked was their front end for the E39, doesnt list it under the M5, but under the normal.. "Tornado"

Info? Prices? Thoughts? Etc etc...
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Very Interesting, never knew they did this! I always thought it was just suspension.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After hitting the US link on their website it talks about some bad issues with the old US distributer, could be why not alot about it.
I had seen the side skirts before... There is a 328i with their R35 motor, which drew me to the site for more info...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Racing Dynamics and RD Sport (same company--without going into semantics) have been around for years. The RD2 wheels were popular back in the day but with the quest for speed and power RD got pushed to the back of the pack as they offered little in the way of power adders for the S62 and E39.

They make fantastic products and people really should look into their parts.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
It's more complicated than that... there are 2 unrelated companies called Racing Dynamics. They are nowadays totally unrelated and do not get along well together.

Racing Dynamics Inc (USA)
Racing Dynamics SpA (Italy) (nowadays also branded as RDSport)

You'll note there are some minor discrepencies between the 2 views of the situation. :rolleyes:

Either way, the products of the 2 different Racing Dynamics companies are unrelated nowadays. The US Racing Dynamics company has amongst others an importer in Germany (note the German plates on the picture you posted) who got up to a lot of nastiness such as rebranding the Hartge H50 as its own.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kees, the Italy one is where I pulled that pic off from, the US one doesnt list hardly anything.

I am surprised they have the same logo still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts