BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
545BHP and 324KM/H Vmax with just a software upgrade. Not bad.

But one thing is on my mind. With the CIP 19 upgrade some members are claiming BMW detuned the blips a little bit to avoid transmission failure error messages.

As we all know this car is very delicate, specialy during break-in. How will these upgrades affect the engine?

I Also like the rims they have.
http://www.racdyn.com/Technical Highlights/Products/Wheels/RS2F/RS2-F_MainPage.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,476 Posts
One thing to think of is that the standard wheels won't be able to do a higher speed that 305 km/h. Therefore Hartge among others require 21' wheels for the 320 km/h limiter.

I will look more into this when I am visiting Hartge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
well its not possible to achieve 38 HP for N/A engine with just ECU upgrade unless its a turbo engine or that you are really doing something wrong that will blow up your engine real soon, This level of power could be achieved with a complete exhaust system (headers, racing cats, mufflers)

Racing Dynamics is not a reliable sours at this time, They were one of the famous BMW tuners in the past but not now any more, they had a lot of problems and the company was shut down in Europe and now the moved to the US. I experienced some bad things with them before and i really dont trust them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Gustav said:
One thing to think of is that the standard wheels won't be able to do a higher speed that 305 km/h. Therefore Hartge among others require 21' wheels for the 320 km/h limiter.

I will look more into this when I am visiting Hartge.

Why is that? because you dont have more rev's or because of the tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
frylord said:
545BHP and 324KM/H Vmax with just a software upgrade. Not bad.

But one thing is on my mind. With the CIP 19 upgrade some members are claiming BMW detuned the blips a little bit to avoid transmission failure error messages.

As we all know this car is very delicate, specialy during break-in. How will these upgrades affect the engine?

I Also like the rims they have.
http://www.racdyn.com/Technical Highlights/Products/Wheels/RS2F/RS2-F_MainPage.htm
Frylord, do you know how much it will cost to have the Racing Dynamics software upgrade??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,101 Posts
KSA ///M5 said:
well its not possible to achieve 38 HP for N/A engine with just ECU upgrade unless its a turbo engine or that you are really doing something wrong that will blow up your engine real soon, This level of power could be achieved with a complete exhaust system (headers, racing cats, mufflers)

Racing Dynamics is not a reliable sours at this time, They were one of the famous BMW tuners in the past but not now any more, they had a lot of problems and the company was shut down in Europe and now the moved to the US. I experienced some bad things with them before and i really dont trust them.
Weren't they the company that rebadged Nowack N500 kits for the E39 M5?

'Rocket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
BostonRocket said:
Weren't they the company that rebadged Nowack N500 kits for the E39 M5?

'Rocket
Yes they are the ones ;) They sent my E39 M5 to nowack to do the tuning for them, I didnt knew about it that time but i felt that something was wrong, They told me that it will take them 3 to 4 weeks to do the job but actually it took them more then 8 weeks, At the last 4 weeks they were telling me that the car is in its final tuning, I really couldn't pass by and make sure of that because i live in Saudi Arabia and i had my car shipped to them, So i sent someone to racing dynamics to check the car for me but he didn't found it they told him that its out for testing so he went there again more then 2 times and he was told the same :confused: end of story i got my car back and drove it :wroom: and it was fast and runing good so i was happy and forgot about all that things, after 2 weeks of receiving the M5 i sent it to the dealer to install the anti roll bars and i found out that i had the stock catalytic convectors hmmm the kit included a full exhaust system with racing cat's so why i have those, I called them several times to discus this issue but no one answered, They claimed 515 HP for their kit 15 HP more then nowack's kit but actually its the 500 HP nowack kit, They did that to attract more customers because nowack was offering cheaper prices. So my M5 with the stock cat's should've ben around 485-490 HP.

after 4 months nowack released new kit N500S with 520 HP it had bigger cams and polished and balanced crank, I contacted nowack to ask them about the new kit and i told them that im from Saudi and have the racing dynamics upgrade kit on my M5 they immediately knew my car and told me every single detail about it so i immediately knew that they are the ones who did the tuning not racing dynamics, So i sent my M5 for the second time to Germany to have the N500S upgrade at nowack, And after that the car became really fast :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Well that sum up everything about Racing Dynamics business manners, if all I read in here true I would not trust this place :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
There are rumors going around that the car would be de-tuned by the ECU which is why you would get such increases with software upgrades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
I don't believe there is any significant power to be made from changing only the ECU. Tuners almost never deliver on their claims, which are almost universally exaggerated.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
I have heard rumours around that the ECU actually holds back the engine from maximum potential. Firstly, it's pretty high tech stuff in that engine, and like a computer, you might want to underclock your processor to make sure that you don't fry anything to start off with (weird comparison, but only thing I could think of).

Secondly, a marketing/business thing - means that with just making ECU changes, the car becomes faster for "round 2" while still supplying the same engine, parts, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Just to clarify the issue, The Saudi member sent his car to Racing Dynamics GmbH, which was our licensee between April 2000 and February 2002, when they were shut down for a variety of reasons, by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Italy. I believe his claim about the Nowack issue to be true, but this was the doing of the German arm of Racing Dynamics which is no longer. Racing Dynamics S.p.A. sells its prducts in the U.S. under the RDSport brand name.

If you need more information on the Racing Dynamics GmbH operations, and the reasons for us shutting them down, feel free to contact me directly.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,801 Posts
Racing Dynamics GmbH got up to other nastiness such as rebranding the Hartge H50 as its own.

Note that after Racing Dynamics GmbH were closed down there still remained 2 Racing Dynamic companies - one in the US and one in Italy. They are nowadays totally unrelated and do not get along well together.

Racing Dynamics Inc (USA)
Racing Dynamics SpA (Italy)

You'll note there are some minor discrepencies between the 2 views of the situation. :rolleyes:

Either way, the products of the 2 different Racing Dynamics companies are unrelated nowadays.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top