BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this bar or does anyone know if it is a perfect fit on our cars. By that i mean that there is no mods needed, it just bolts on fits around everything.

Part # 196 99 34 011 on bavauto.com

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
We've got a Racing Dynamics strut brace fitted to Sebring Sienna , our stripped out 3.6 M5 , and it's a good fit , although snug to the bonnet and affects spark plug changes on cylinder 4 iirc .

D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have one in mine, I think it was a group buy on this board about 7-9 years ago. It was a little tight but fit fine...though it blocks access to my oil/service reset thingymajig (for lack of a better term). So I do not use that tool/feature anymore on this car, which is kind of a pain, but I just change the oil every 4-5k miles. and don't worry about a light telling me what to do.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you guys able to tell the difference after installing the brace on the car? Was the stiffness or rigidity noticeable or no? In other words, is this suspension upgrade worth the money?

I am considering the racing dynamics sway bars as well. Which do you consider to be a better upgrade?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Were you guys able to tell the difference after installing the brace on the car? Was the stiffness or rigidity noticeable or no? In other words, is this suspension upgrade worth the money?

I am considering the racing dynamics sway bars as well. Which do you consider to be a better upgrade?

PO of my car had installed Dinan sway bars, which were an improvement over my first E34 M5 (less body roll). IMO with the sway bars it was difficult to notice much change from the brace. Thought for $200 at the time it was worth it (the brace must help in some way), even if it is just helping with the overall integrity of the body structure (to help maintain rigidity over time as the car gets older).

I'll be curious to see what others say, but I think you will notice more difference/improvement from sway bars than from the strut brace (though I have never driven a car with just the brace and not the upgraded sway bars, whereas I have experienced the opposite).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts