BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a quick and interesting story :)

My friend got a new 435i and it put down 339HP at the crank completely stock on my MAHA LPS3000 Dyno. First of all the 435i is a really amazing car.. really liked it and it felt pretty strong while driving it.

After i closed my shop we left together, me in my e39 M5 and him in the 435i.

Since there are some very empty roads and it was already late we decided to do some pulls :grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

My e39 M5 is is running stock software, cat delete, SS X Pipe and Eisenmann Race Mufflers. Oh and it has one busted MAF and 195k kilometers on the clock LOL

Rolling start 3nd gear... we both put our foot down and i start pulling immediately. Up until 4th gear i had pulled almost 3 cars on him :goldcup::goldcup::goldcup:

Then this morning (its 45C Degrees outside) i meet my friend with his e39 M5 on the way to my shop.

His car is a 2002 Model, SS Xpipe, Eisenmann Race Cans, AFE Air Intake and a Alpha N tune. In fact this car belonged to me at some point of time :)

Started 2nd gear at 50 km/h and is started pulling very slowly but i pulled... when we reached 4th gear i was about 1 car length ahead. It was defiantely faster than the 435i though..

So my old grandma still seems to run very strong and i am not gonna touch it with a tune or so.

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys...

Tried it once again and it was the same outcome.. in 2nd gear alone i pull about 1 car on him.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1.5 cars Franz? Behave.... hahaha was like half a car and i started in 3rd.

Think we need a rematch!! But your car is strong, that's for sure. :biggrinbounce:
Edited to 1 car.. yes you are right.. it was 3rd gear, the second race was 2nd gear :) .. next time we should video and do it in the evening :)

Your car will still kill a stock 435i :)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Stock for stock against the 435, its not surprising. But I did not expect that big of a gap. Against a tuned 435 with bolt on's, I think that is a different story.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I raced my buddy for a 2014 335 6 speed sedan, start in 2nd gear and walked him (several times).
But a 2007 335 auto with some bolt ons pulled a few car lengths on me easily.
We will have to race again to see if my "bolt ons" have improved my performance. Here's a dyno run from today.

·
Registered
304 Posts
sounds accurate to my 435 kill story (i don't post them much on this forum.) stock 435 and my stock E39 M5, both manual, started at about 50 mph and pulled and pulled and pulled:M5launch:

was your friends 435 auto? probably improve its performance since they shift so fast now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts