BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
[Carrera GT, Ruf RT12, BMW M5, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini LP640 + more]

Guys,

Evosport is the ****!!!!!!!!!!

I raced both cars separately ('08 F430 and modded '05 Gaillardo) from 70 km/h. They both jumped me by 2-3 car lengths when we hit it. I started catching up by 200 km/h. By 250 km/h we were side by side. By 270-280 km/h I was ahead by 1 car length. bloody unbelieveable!!!!!!!! When they raced each other, they were head to head.

My video vs the F430 will hopefully be on youtube soon (by the event coordinators). The '08 F430 supposedly have remapped ECUs and should be a tad quicker than the earlier versions.

my current mods are:

evosport headers
evosport pulleys
SS xpipes
tubi catback system

P.S. By the way, I have no commercial interest in the Evosport franchise.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Co-worker is just picking up his '08 F430 today - I'll have to have a run against him after his break-in to see the diffrences between stock vehicles (M5 and F430). His is convertible/spyder, so a bit heavier I believe.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boarder1995,

with a stock M5 you should be able to hold with the spyder. I saw the '08 F430 running against a spyder and the difference was huge!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Great job! I love to hear about things like that.
I can't wait to see the video. It will stir things up and I love it.

Respect the M.

M5Ranger

Reactions: _Zac

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Good job! if you do put it on youtube you might want to disable the comments....theres going to be a lot of disagreements and flaming.
If there are any disagreements,they are baseless.
M5/M6 is ferocious at these high speeds (120-180mph) and only a few supercars costing multiple times more can beat it in that range.
That's my opinion and it's based on experiences from both sides of the isle.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great Thread!! I love hearing how our BIG M's hold up against the big power boys!!

Look forward to seeing the video

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Hmm...I remember on Gustav's video that an F430 out ran a modded Kellener's modded M5 but I don't think that M5 has headers. I might be wrong and will just have to watch the video again.

Either way, congrats on your run!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Guess it's time I convince the wife I NEED to remove the carbon filters. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hmm...I remember on Gustav's video that an F430 out ran a modded Kellener's modded M5 but I don't think that M5 has headers. I might be wrong and will just have to watch the video again.

Either way, congrats on your run!
It's the pulley guys..it's the pulley :haha: But seriously the header is BIG gains on this NA car. In fact, the last few cars Kelleners has done, they've installed our headers.

By the way, have you guys seen our CLK63 Black Series Project Car? Insane! Check it out:
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227014

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Awesome results cannot say I would ever buy Evosport products :eek:oohhh: oh yeah that is right I have most everything Evosports offers on my car. :thumbsup:

Look forward to the vids. Getting race cats by Evosport soon!!:cheers:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well it may just have been the M5? :)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100939

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhNye6zCqZE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhNye6zCqZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reactions: Carl Lassiter

·
Registered
917 Posts
Co-worker is just picking up his '08 F430 today - I'll have to have a run against him after his break-in to see the diffrences between stock vehicles (M5 and F430). His is convertible/spyder, so a bit heavier I believe.

In a rolling start race he has no chance against you (assuming S6 P500S and timely shifts at redline).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
IIRC, Ferrari says that the differences in performance between the F430 and F430 Spyder are so negligible that it's not even worth mentioning that there is a difference.

·
Registered
587 Posts
IIRC, Ferrari says that the differences in performance between the F430 and F430 Spyder are so negligible that it's not even worth mentioning that there is a difference.
I would agree with that in straight line performance, but the spider does have more chassis flex than the coupe. So on track, the difference is more noticeable (albeit, more at the limits). The 430 spider is stiffer than the 360 spider.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thats a sick car Simon good Job on it! Too bad its a MB will never purchase on again hopefully BMW will have an answer for this car soon! :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
very nice run! can't wait to see the vid. 4 door sedan runs down exotics! awesome!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thats a sick car Simon good Job on it! Too bad its a MB will never purchase on again hopefully BMW will have an answer for this car soon! :)
Thanks. This car really makes you rethink MB. Really was an incredible machine, especially with the 500WHP we got out of it with our mods...just an incredible experience to drive. If you ever get a chance to drive one, do so. A raw car unlike anything MB has put out in recent times.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts