BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no vid :/ I'm ordering a go pro so I catch random races like this on cam.

Well here's the story, friend of mine picked up a new 2010 GTR, it's bone stock with the exception of an exhaust.

We both had a passenger, however he is about 80lbs heavier than I am.

1st race we did a roll from 40mph, I jumped out half a car, he caught up by 100 and was half a car ahead and by 140-150 it was even.

2nd race was pretty much the same outcome, he got a great start and we were pretty much side by side, around 145-150 he started to slightly edge out and we shut it down.

I'm curious to see the outcome if we had more road and I could get up to 180, I think I might be able to get in front a little!

There will be a rematch (with videos) once I install the ESS supercharger on my car. He's dumping about 10K into his GTR so I'm sure I'll get my *** kicked but it'll be fun to try!

BTW My mods are RPI Scoops/Exhaust/Pulley and no carbon filters.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Do you also have the BMC filter and block-off plates? Also, do you have the full RPI exhaust (which model?) or just section 3.

GT-Rs are beasts. For a 4 door sedan like an M5 to keep pace with one of these (even if yours is the "older" GT-R), still says a lot about our cars.

BTW, just read an article in Motor Trend comparing a 2012 GT-R against a Shelby GT500 and Z06. The new GT-R can do sub 3 sec 0-60 runs now. Just insane.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you also have the BMC filter and block-off plates? Also, do you have the full RPI exhaust (which model?) or just section 3.

GT-Rs are beasts. For a 4 door sedan like an M5 to keep pace with one of these (even if yours is the "older" GT-R), still says a lot about our cars.

BTW, just read an article in Motor Trend comparing a 2012 GT-R against a Shelby GT500 and Z06. The new GT-R can do sub 3 sec 0-60 runs now. Just insane.
Yes I have the block off plates (forgot about those) and stock filters.

I thought he had a tune and was just trying to sucker me into a race but he was totally honest about his mods (just an exhaust and I believe it just to be a muffler).

I really am amazed with this car, for some reason I feel like it's a 'freak'.. I ran a 12.2 @ 118 MPH with a 2.1 60ft. With slicks and a 1.8 I'd easily be into the 11s with this car.

Very anxious to bolt on the ESS supercharger and maybe even a set of headers. This car will scream with 600RWHP.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've raced two from a high speed roll on the Mexican highway....one would barely pull me, and the other pulled a few cars from say 70mph to about 130mph. The first one was stock, and I don't know about the second, but I assume it was modded. I just have no charcoal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts