BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Excellent video! Especially the spinning of the wheel. Perfect!kinggf
How is the camera attached to the car? Magnets?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice vid, particularly the editing,

What makes me laugh is the parked car on the left at 2:49secs. In the UK a small flash would probably go off, followed by two weeks of worrying, then a £60 fine and three points...

happily you just floored it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Doc said:
Nice vid, particularly the editing,

What makes me laugh is the parked car on the left at 2:49secs. In the UK a small flash would probably go off, followed by two weeks of worrying, then a £60 fine and three points...

happily you just floored it.
Indeed, the funny thing with the English tickets, is that you get 28 days to respond to each letter from the Traffic Police department. The first asks you if you were the driver. So wait 26 days, send the letter with details of another driver. It will take roughly 20 days for them to send you a new letter. 26 more days and send it with the details of another driver. Etc Etc. Although I'm not so sure when they will think, Hmm, and follow it up.

I got the letter detailing the first part of the process on May 11th. I am about to send the cheque and my details... That's a good 3 months. And that was without messing them about.

Still not happy about it though. However my point is, if your insurance renewal is within 4 months, it would not be difficult to avoid paying the higher premium (for another year at least). Unfortunately mine is in February.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've often thought about applying for a French licence, as I'm lucky enough to be a property owner there, and using this name/address/licence as a sacrificial lamb for the cameras.

I wonder if I'd even have to do a French test, seeing as I hold a UK licence which is usually seen as the technical superior.

Beats registering the car abroad and driving permanently on foreign plates, although I've heard of people registering their cars in The Isle of Man for this reason..

hmmm

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Doc said:
I've often thought about applying for a French licence, as I'm lucky enough to be a property owner there, and using this name/address/licence as a sacrificial lamb for the cameras.

I wonder if I'd even have to do a French test, seeing as I hold a UK licence which is usually seen as the technical superior.

Beats registering the car abroad and driving permanently on foreign plates, although I've heard of people registering their cars in The Isle of Man for this reason..

hmmm
As long as the car remains under UK MOT (this means returning the car to the UK for each one) then you can keep the plates and it can stay registered in the UK. I'm not sure you'd get out of English fines just by living in France though...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it just me or is someone else having the same problem. I can downlaod the race cam video which is very good by the way:M5thumbs: ,although when i go to downlaod the other videos on the gt3000 website it says access forbidden.:crying2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Doogy said:
Is it just me or is someone else having the same problem. I can downlaod the race cam video which is very good by the way:M5thumbs: ,although when i go to downlaod the other videos on the gt3000 website it says access forbidden.:crying2:
No it's not just you.

Other m5board.com members with usernames begining with D are also having the same problem.

Chip up.:byee55amg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doogy said:
You have to turn your firewall off. I had the same problem. I use Norton Internet Security Professional and I have to deactivate it completly, before I click on the video-links of the gt3000 website (Norton = right mouse botton on the 'blue-green-world-symbol' and then deactivate).

:cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love the video mate, very impressive!

IF you can't get on after disabling you're firewall, just copy and paste the url into mediaplayer. Via file - open URL

Rich

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys, your vids are great, keep up the good work!

The thing that impresses me most is not really the driving (which is always good), but the music you guys add to the clips just makes me want to get out and go drive my car senseless! :7:

·
Registered
40 Posts
PX said:
You have to turn your firewall off. I had the same problem. I use Norton Internet Security Professional and I have to deactivate it completly, before I click on the video-links of the gt3000 website (Norton = right mouse botton on the 'blue-green-world-symbol' and then deactivate).

:cheers:
Works a treat. :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts