BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:1:

Just read a fun post at a Swedish BMW Forum. As some of you might know I have spoken with the King of Sweden in 1997 when I met him while he was checking out some cars, story here.

I also tried to race him once but that didnt work, story here.

Also, we have a story about him when he bought a Ferrari in the French Riviera by member Kalbas, story here.

The King drove the Mille Miglia in a BMW 328 (notice the M5 with bodyguards after him), article here.

Anyway, now to the story of the other Swedish M3 E46 SMGII owner:

"5th of September I was on my way to town and stopped at a red light in the left lane. Behind I see a blue M5 coming up with a Volvo behind it. When the M5 is next to me I see THE KING and queen Silvia. I noticed that he glanced at my direction. The King had problems standing still at red light so I prepared for a race and turned on launch control :7:. Most probably there would be a race the next 150 meters. Full speed 1st and 2nd gear and I bet him by about 10 meters. At the next light he glanced over and giggled shortly while going on Sveavägen."

Note: Sveavägen is a road that is made to go perfectly straight to the castle for tens of kilometers.
He has been a BMW M admirer since the BMW M1, see here:

In 1979, Hans drove with King Gustav of Sweden. A private area was selected at a monastery near Munich and, at the appointed early morning hour, a helicopter landed with the king. The pair then drove the new BMW M1 to and from Garmisch. At one point, King Gustav made a fast racing turn and lost the helicopter. Hans said the royal attendants were ready to call in the elite troops when the pair returned an hour later!

From http://www.hansstuck.com/stories.htm

Original post below:

Hej på er !!!!

Måste dela ganska roligt upplevelse med er , i går 5/9 så var jag på väg in till stan .
När jag hadde kommit när till norrtull`s korsning vid röd ljuset så stälde jag mig på den vänstra sidan och väntade på att det skulle bli grönt , sammtidigt ser jag en bil i back spegel närma sig , såg att det var en blå M5 som ställde sig höger om mig med en svart volvo strax bakom sig, tittade åt sidan och fick mig en glad överaskning det var KUNGEN som satt bakom ratten och Sylvia bredvid sig , märkte att han kollade in åt mitt håll , spännande tänkte jag , insåg att det var hans sälskap som satt i den svarta volvon bakom .Han var ganska ivrig att åka iväg han hade det svårt att stå stlla , tänkte fan måste tävla fram till andra röd ljuset i allafall som stod ca 150 m fram så jag trycke min launch controll.
Orangeljus, gröntljus det var bara att gasa 1:a ,2:a , fick bra start och slog han med ca 10 m till den andra rödljuset .
Såg att han tittade åt mit håll och små flinade , vid de andra grönt så åkte han i väg med den svarta volvon bakom sig mot Sveavägen.
Ganska häftig upplevelse

Länge leve Kungen och då menar jag min M3 46 he he

Link to source here.

Info on the Royal family here.

PS. He cleans his cars with Zymöl :biggrin:

·
Registered
179 Posts
M5 meeting with the King? Maybe?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Gustav, it was a pleasure to read the stories about the Swedish King once again. He seems to be a great personality, and not some kind of boring aristocrat. I've always thought the same way about the Belgian King too, Albert II. He also is a car-freak, and so is his son, who has previously owned an Impreza WRC(?), and a Ferrari 355... I haven't had the opportunity to race him yet though.. :7:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
King "just call me Carl" is so cool kinggf

...bet he doesn't wax his cars himself though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
the king might have new clothes, but cant drive obviously. maybe he should invest some of his "hard earned" money in some driving lessons? :noSMG:

just a random thought... :1:

alex
few cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts