BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm loving the sound, is there any way to keep the M5 style exhaust, meaning the quad tips? Just curious?
SOrry, there isn't a way to do that right now. It seems that every exhaust out there is using quad tips so we really wanted to "think outside the circle". :)

The tips were designed to compliment the rear fascia design and to set this system apart from others on the market.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I noticed exhaust tips on both side were not the same, or I'm blind:confused3

Sound awsome, just need to test with headers to make sure my neighbor can take it. Can't wait to hear it in person.

In the meantime, I probably put my eisenmann section1&2, and Arqray exhaust in a sale section soon.

Here are some pictures and video clip of our ST Exhaust (section 1, 2, 3).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p-z-4DSDy_s

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

Sound awsome, just need to test with headers to make sure my neighbor can take it. Can't wait to hear it in person.

In the meantime, I probably put my eisenmann section1&2, and Arqray exhaust in a sale section soon.
Is this a theme with you??hiha

You said the same thing about my man breasts, I mean. . . scoops!:D
cherrsagai

·
3,395 Posts

They're actually exactly the same, it's just hard to capture with the camera.

As you can see, it's slightly different from the original concept. We played around with the tip size and ended up going with a slightly taller tip. The original concept was based on the 60mm stock exhaust piping diameter. With this one, we flaired it out to 3" to give it a slightly more muscular appearance. This also gave the tips a more cohesive look with respect to the size & shape of the rear tail lights.

The tips sit about 0.75" from the top and from the outside of the bumper openings, to give it an even look. The angles actually follows the curvature of the bumper:

This is all to give it an cohesive, integrated, "designed specifically for this application" look, instead of simply tips as an afterthought.

The tips placement is adjustable, so it can be moved in, out, rotated, etc. This is to make sure you get a perfect fit for your specific car.

BTW, it's important to keep in mind, this isn't the absolute final product. We'll still be tweaking a little here and there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
the sound is great but im not really digging the tips either. based on the sound of the clip and quality of RPI products and service i would purchase your system as soon as it became available if you had quad tips as an option.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quad tips may be considered in the future but for this particular system, the tip design will remain. We may increase the wall thickness of the tip, but the same integrated look concept will be the same.

·
3,395 Posts
We're definitely not ruling out additional muffler/tip designs in the future. At this point though, we wanted to offer something that is unique on the market, to give people a choice of looks.

The really nice thing is the system is truly modular. Each section connects up with high quality v-band clamps, for an easy to install but positive sealing connection. We could have saved some money with the cheaper band clamp connections many systems use, but you don't want that, right? :D

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ok, we all know that there probably isn't much hp/tq to gain from
a header-back system but have you had a chance to put this on your
dyno?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Hey Kenny
You thinking about selling your Arqray? Its sounds so nice from the video you put up, how come you selling? I'd really like to hear it in person on Feb. 9, if you still thinking about selling, lets see what we can negotiate.
I want to hear RPI system on Feb.9 and decide from there. No decision hasn't been made til Feb.9

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
+1. I have to say I like the original, smaller tip better -- at least from the pix. Maybe it is different in person?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Sounds nice in the video. But I'm not feeling it for the tips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts