BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you tell apart the two besides putting them on the car?

The ones i bought had the OE tips cut off - _ -...i measured the diameter to be about 76-77mm...

But i read that race and sport can be picked with the 77mm tips..

So how do you tell em apart besides what i listed?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
How would you tell apart the two besides putting them on the car?

The ones i bought had the OE tips cut off - _ -...i measured the diameter to be about 76-77mm...

But i read that race and sport can be picked with the 77mm tips..

So how do you tell em apart besides what i listed?
I believe the Race is 83mm tips, and the Sport is 76mm tips.

Welcome to INDustry Distribution

The difference is with the tip size, and the internal design of the mufflers. You can't really see a difference other than the tips, without installing them on the car.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the Race is 83mm tips, and the Sport is 76mm tips.

Welcome to INDustry Distribution

The difference is with the tip size, and the internal design of the mufflers. You can't really see a difference other than the tips, without installing them on the car.
On the Brecus.com website..you can get them in 76mm race or sport..same with 83mm... I wonder if the number on them can be checked by them company to see what they are?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
On the Brecus.com website..you can get them in 76mm race or sport..same with 83mm... I wonder if the number on them can be checked by them company to see what they are?
What's the part number on your exhaust?

Sport: B5248.00760
Race: B5248.00831

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the part number on your exhaust?

Sport: B5248.00760
Race: B5248.00831
You know..damn lol..i memorized that number...but now i forgot..i will have to look tomorrow i guess? Where is the part number written? Cause i dont remember it being that long...8(

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
You know..damn lol..i memorized that number...but now i forgot..i will have to look tomorrow i guess? Where is the part number written? Cause i dont remember it being that long...8(
Should look like this:

From what I'm gathering so far, it seems the only difference is the sound level once installed. There won't be anything printed on the system that distinguishes it between race/sport.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Here's a pic of my Sport. It has 83mm pipes so size doesn't matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts