·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
158 Posts
Andy-UK said:
Obviously the organisers of these events walk around with their eyes shut. Spanish police just love to bust the balls of the participants. ouich
These guys are nuts!! Spain!! HA HA HA! :byee55amg :byee55amg :byee55amg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nights in luxury hotels in exotic locations break up the driving. Relaxed dinners in first class restaurants are a chance to catch up with your fellow competitors and relive the days events.Those who want can check out the local night life. Some may prefer to have a quiet night in preparation for the day ahead, perhaps getting in a bit of tactical planning before hitting the sack.
Yeah, like how to get out of Spain again!!!! hiha

Pure Muppets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As I said before, "All the World is mad sept thee and I but even thee be a little queer" Are these guys nuts or sadests, you are not wanted in Spain they don't need you in Spain and you will be stopped, detained and fined as what you will be doing is holding a motor event on a public road without permission in breach of the highweays act in Barcelona area section 52.2. I was travelling at 61mph and still got detained for 10 hours and fined, speed has nothing to do with it, be warned or be detained entrants, it's up to you.

If you go to the region without the written permission of the Chief of Police of Barcelona, you will be detained and fined, his deputy told me 'We don't want any more car rallies here after the press abuse the Chief of Police got after Gumball 2004, from the Spanish media' we will send them back out of Spain - Good Luck one and all.

And by the way, as you travel through France you will be fined for holding a speed event on the road €90-00, you get a free 33% discount it is €125-00 when they use a radar to spot you, they don't have to use a radar, every car on the motorway French owned will call ahead and tell the Police you are on the way, details of car number, stickers and idetifying details of your including your speed, even if the French are speeding too or not, you wil be fined. There is a 50-50 chance you will make it through France if you drive over night, the French Police sleep after 6pm.

Be aware, the French Police can confiscate your car and leave you standing on the roadside, after you decide to pay the fine you then have to go and get your car back from the pound. Another charge. You don't want to argue, even if you are going 70mph as part of a car event they will fine you.

So there we are, my suggestion to rabbit run is find another game to play, you will create a whole bunch of problems for the entrants playing this one.
The alternative is that if you want to see Barcelona that badly you could fly there! Otherwise plan another route and get permission first.

There is much more to holding a car event than just selecting a town to pass through or visit, if you don't know the rules don't do it, the planning takes 80% of the time in organising an event, it is this that 99% of driving events Organisers currently ignore, I know of only one that has done the thing properly and has the authorisation for their stopping off points throughout their two events next year, There are European laws related to the highway, know them or pay the cost. How many event organisers do you know that are already unable to go to certain countries for previous breaches of the law there that could be said to be wanted for questionning having evaded detention previously.

I can assure you that 12 hours in a Police Station takes all of the shine off any event, don't put up with such crass neglect of care for the event entrants by the Organisers, get their assurance they will do everything possible within the law to ensure you are not put through such problems. If they refuse, you have your answer. One can not rely upon the Police to act properly in any case, it depends upon how busy they are on other more important matters, however, you have rights in such events, know them and don't break the highways act and you will be fine. Not Fined.

D11VE:J
European Law trained.

·
Registered
158 Posts
D11VE:J said:
As I said before, "All the World is mad sept thee and I but even thee be a little queer" Are these guys nuts or sadests, you are not wanted in Spain they don't need you in Spain and you will be stopped, detained and fined as what you will be doing is holding a motor event on a public road without permission in breach of the highweays act in Barcelona area section 52.2. I was travelling at 61mph and still got detained for 10 hours and fined, speed has nothing to do with it, be warned or be detained entrants, it's up to you.

If you go to the region without the written permission of the Chief of Police of Barcelona, you will be detained and fined, his deputy told me 'We don't want any more car rallies here after the press abuse the Chief of Police got after Gumball 2004, from the Spanish media' we will send them back out of Spain - Good Luck one and all.

And by the way, as you travel through France you will be fined for holding a speed event on the road €90-00, you get a free 33% discount it is €125-00 when they use a radar to spot you, they don't have to use a radar, every car on the motorway French owned will call ahead and tell the Police you are on the way, details of car number, stickers and idetifying details of your including your speed, even if the French are speeding too or not, you wil be fined. There is a 50-50 chance you will make it through France if you drive over night, the French Police sleep after 6pm.

Be aware, the French Police can confiscate your car and leave you standing on the roadside, after you decide to pay the fine you then have to go and get your car back from the pound. Another charge. You don't want to argue, even if you are going 70mph as part of a car event they will fine you.

So there we are, my suggestion to rabbit run is find another game to play, you will create a whole bunch of problems for the entrants playing this one.
The alternative is that if you want to see Barcelona that badly you could fly there! Otherwise plan another route and get permission first.

There is much more to holding a car event than just selecting a town to pass through or visit, if you don't know the rules don't do it, the planning takes 80% of the time in organising an event, it is this that 99% of driving events Organisers currently ignore, I know of only one that has done the thing properly and has the authorisation for their stopping off points throughout their two events next year, There are European laws related to the highway, know them or pay the cost. How many event organisers do you know that are already unable to go to certain countries for previous breaches of the law there that could be said to be wanted for questionning having evaded detention previously.

I can assure you that 12 hours in a Police Station takes all of the shine off any event, don't put up with such crass neglect of care for the event entrants by the Organisers, get their assurance they will do everything possible within the law to ensure you are not put through such problems. If they refuse, you have your answer. One can not rely upon the Police to act properly in any case, it depends upon how busy they are on other more important matters, however, you have rights in such events, know them and don't break the highways act and you will be fine. Not Fined.

European Law trained.

How properly, in the legal sense, is the 2005, in your opinion being organised?

mussy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mussy said:
How properly, in the legal sense, is the 2005, in your opinion being organised?

mussy
Sorry should read ;

How properly, in the legal sense, is the 2005 Gumball, in your opinion being organised?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mussy,

Any car that drives on any European Road with stickers that promote, advertise or suggest any sort of group activity is breaking the European Highways Rules. Just like parking on double yellow lines, it is not a criminal offence, in Spain, Barcelona it is a breach under section 52.2 of the highways act. The wording is; "holding an organised motor event on a public road without permission" that is the offence. The numbers on the car and cars speeding are all a further problem and are offences. The cars can be driven at 65mph and they are still breaking the highways act (rules) and you will be fined if the Police so wish, it is indefensible. Appeal is wasting time and money, 10 hours detention whilst they check out your papers is nothing short of infuriating when you have done nothing wrong other than carry stickers the organisers insist you carry.

If you want to know why most events no longer go through France and Spain, it is because of this, The rule there is; Stickers = Law breaking = Fines.

Here are the 4 golden rules to a happy event;

No stickers, No speeding, Consideration for other road users, Phone and let the Police know your route first in each country.

Max ran the route into Morroco last year, fabulous Max, you didn't feed me properly, you messed up on the boat to suit others, which caused the Spain debarcle, however, Morroco was worth going for on its own. What did Max do, organised it properly, stickers in that case didn't matter, I don't believe any event would be invited back though Morroco though, the carnage was awful, quite a few public and drivers narrowly escaped fatal injuries. i.e. racing on public roads took place.

That is what happens when events, or part of events are poorly organised, fines or carnage, both are bad news.

I wish the very best to every car event, they probably intend to be good fun, if ethics are not put in on organisers the whole thing will be banned before much longer. Already the subject is at European Perliament level, block fines and endorsements, road racers go to prison, one guy in Spain got 3 years for 135mph in a Porsche near Barcelona, speeding means automatic confiscation of your cars to pay fines if you do not pay them, bad driving can be any of these.

It is up to entrants not to tolerate poor organisation and do not accept stickers on your car without clearing one vital point, If the organiser wants sponsorship monies for himself for the event, then let him pay the fines. Insist upon it. You will kill the sport if you do not take better care of it. No more Gumball or any other ball.

·
Registered
291 Posts
D11VE:J said:
I wish the very best to every car event, they probably intend to be good fun, if ethics are not put in on organisers the whole thing will be banned before much longer. Already the subject is at European Perliament level, block fines and endorsements, road racers go to prison, one guy in Sapin got 3 years for 135mph, speeding means confiscation of your cars, bad driving can be any of these.
This is why I especially like Kim's idea of running it through countries without the capabilities to chase such vehicles. However, I would not at all be suprised if Kim's "It's not a rally, it's a race" talk got the UR banned before it started. Promoting road racing on his website like that is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff,

If you get caught doing 180mph trying to outrun the Police you will get locked up for a long time. "Drive with haste, repent at leisure" remember that.

If you kill someone, including yourself, how smart are you?

Look after these events, you can not outrun the system, if you push it too hard it will bite, remember these words before you start driving fast around Europe in future. Ayreton Senna was bullitt proof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff4505 said:
This is why I especially like Kim's idea of running it through countries without the capabilities to chase such vehicles. However, I would not at all be suprised if Kim's "It's not a rally, it's a race" talk got the UR banned before it started. Promoting road racing on his website like that is asking for trouble.
No such countries exist today, they have guns where they don't have cars to drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts