BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I just picked up my 2000 M5. I haven't really read much about the features, just had a few questions about the "best" sport mode.

Do I push the "Sport" Button to light up green and turn DSC light on... say if I'm going to be pushing her real hard? Make sure the DSC light is on on the instrument cluster and the "Sport" Button is lite green, right? Just curious.

I love this car everytime I get in to drive it...I'm so happy with it I can't even explain.

I will post pics once I figure how to do it ... Thanks!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sport - green = increased throttle response and tighter steering...great for a wider grin while driving

DSC - light on = NO traction control.

On public roads I have sport on, but don't touch the DSC.

On the track - Sport=Green, DSC = off (exclamation triangle lit up on dash)

So, yes, if you are pushing her hard - Sport on, DSC off (Sport green, DSC lit up on dash). Just be careful on public roads as DSC can save your (or someone else's) butt...

·
Registered
369 Posts
00M5MD said:
Hi all,
I just picked up my 2000 M5. I haven't really read much about the features, just had a few questions about the "best" sport mode.

Do I push the "Sport" Button to light up green and turn DSC light on... say if I'm going to be pushing her real hard? Make sure the DSC light is on on the instrument cluster and the "Sport" Button is lite green, right? Just curious.

I love this car everytime I get in to drive it...I'm so happy with it I can't even explain.

I will post pics once I figure how to do it ... Thanks!
What's up Levik? Welcome. SCORPIO is correct.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
SCORPIO said:
Sport - green = increased throttle response and tighter steering...great for a wider grin while driving

DSC - light on = NO traction control.

On public roads I have sport on, but don't touch the DSC.

On the track - Sport=Green, DSC = off (exclamation triangle lit up on dash)

So, yes, if you are pushing her hard - Sport on, DSC off (Sport green, DSC lit up on dash). Just be careful on public roads as DSC can save your (or someone else's) butt...
Thanks!!! :byebye: Big help right there...sorry for the amateur question.

Yea...I haven't really pushed her to the limits as of yet...but, yea, on public roads, I always have Sport on and haven't touched the DSC button.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lwebb12 said:
What's up Levik? Welcome. SCORPIO is correct.
Luke,
What's up, man? Thanks!...you'll be seeing me on here just as much as BF OT

·
Registered
369 Posts
00M5MD said:
Luke,
What's up, man? Thanks!...you'll be seeing me on here just as much as BF OT
Sweet, I mostly lurk unless I have questions or comments. Congrats on the new ride, I am sure you love it as much as the rest of us do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts