BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I want to be able to play music through my phone via Bluetooth, was wondering if I need to do a software update for this? also what exactly does a software update do?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i dont believe any of the E64 M6's will let you play music via bluetooth as i have a 2010 with the latest idrive and i cant. you can however get hardware that will allow this and retrofit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did a lot of research on this. The Retrofit ^^ is awesome but very expensive. Google ViseeO Tune2Air. It plugs into ur aux port and works perfectly. I have one and its only a little over $100. Simple solution with an affordable price. Check it out. You'll be glad u did.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i dont believe any of the E64 M6's will let you play music via bluetooth as i have a 2010 with the latest idrive and i cant. you can however get hardware that will allow this and retrofit.
You should have no problems playing audio over BT with a 2010.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
06 i have a ipod adapter, but recently switched over to samsung, but not trying to spend too much just for music. I have a spear iphone so I can always do that, but a simple way of connecting via bluetooth would be best. Thanks

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
06 i have a ipod adapter, but recently switched over to samsung, but not trying to spend too much just for music. I have a spear iphone so I can always do that, but a simple way of connecting via bluetooth would be best. Thanks
When you say iPod adapter do you mean the integration kit? If you have the integration kit just get the Tune2Air adapter for the 30 pin cable like mentioned above it will allow you to play music over bluetooth and even show the song artist, title, etc. Other than that there is no way you'll have bluetooth streaming on an 06' without the combox and CIC retrofit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure it came with the car. I had the cable replaced cause it was twisted too much, it was about $200 at BMW dealer. Part was around $60.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know why but my 06 doesn't even have a AUX port T.T

I would think that a 120k beast would at least have a AUX port... But no... eh...

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't know why but my 06 doesn't even have a AUX port T.T

I would think that a 120k beast would at least have a AUX port... But no... eh...
That fearure was not standard till '07 You can add it to your car if you like. Needs hardware and coding for the car to recognize it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That fearure was not standard till '07 You can add it to your car if you like. Needs hardware and coding for the car to recognize it.
Hey Roseng,

What kind of hardware are you talking about? Could u relay me to the correct posts?

I would like to know how to do it...

Also, I am planning to retro fit my CIC to CCC... I can't stand this slow DVD navigation lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey Roseng,

What kind of hardware are you talking about? Could u relay me to the correct posts?

I would like to know how to do it...

Also, I am planning to retro fit my CIC to CCC... I can't stand this slow DVD navigation lol
There is a kit that includes the cable that plugs into the back of your CCC (the radio/Nav/Computer) and had the aix connector that gets mounted in the center console. You may also need a different bottom in the console to mount the connector.

If you are seriously considering the CIC then it's a waste. The CIC uses a different aux in that goes to the Combox. Make sure to budget for the Combox, it is an important piece to have.

Reactions: drinkmaker

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a kit that includes the cable that plugs into the back of your CCC (the radio/Nav/Computer) and had the aix connector that gets mounted in the center console. You may also need a different bottom in the console to mount the connector.

If you are seriously considering the CIC then it's a waste. The CIC uses a different aux in that goes to the Combox. Make sure to budget for the Combox, it is an important piece to have.
Do you know any member or shop near LA CA that can retrofit the whole system for me?

I've been reading about DIY, but seems like I have to source lots of parts and I gotta be pretty tech savvy to program everything right... I doubt I can do that myself...

Wondering how much it would cost me to just have an expert do it...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Do you know any member or shop near LA CA that can retrofit the whole system for me?

I've been reading about DIY, but seems like I have to source lots of parts and I gotta be pretty tech savvy to program everything right... I doubt I can do that myself...

Wondering how much it would cost me to just have an expert do it...
Best bet locally is Mike Benvo in LA. He is expensive (they all are) but he can get the job done. I would think at least $3-$3.5k. I did mine and it is a bear. There are other options one from Canada and one in Poland. All good to deal with.

Reactions: drinkmaker

·
Registered
54 Posts
Best bet locally is Mike Benvo in LA. He is expensive (they all are) but he can get the job done. I would think at least $3-$3.5k. I did mine and it is a bear. There are other options one from Canada and one in Poland. All good to deal with.
I am in LA, CA... So I believe I will stick with Mike Benvo then =) $3k to $3.5K is a lot in my opinion but if that's what it takes to bring our beast back to the future, I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am in LA, CA... So I believe I will stick with Mike Benvo then =) $3k to $3.5K is a lot in my opinion but if that's what it takes to bring our beast back to the future, I think it is worth it.
Yes, it's a lot of $$$, but if you are keeping the car for a long time IMHO, it's worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts