BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has finally been retired from daily driver status after well over 120,000 miles. I'm doing the maintenance while I have sent away my wheels to Prince for a full refinish and new tires (still waiting on them).

The stock calipers were done professionally after being rebuilt. First off I thought black was what I wanted until I saw blue. I'll be fitting everything within the next week as soon as I have everything in order.

Thought I'd share a few pics in the meantime. :noSMG:

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agree, powder coat looks amazing. A friend of mine has tried various heat resistant paints with little success, but the colour choices are fairly limited. That blue is gorgeous, look forward to seeing it on the car.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Do you know if they sanded down the calipers before they PCed it? Looks so smooth

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know if they sanded down the calipers before they PCed it? Looks so smooth
They were blasted with some kind of process. I didn't ask for a lot of detail.

The clearcoat made them very slick in my hands while installing them back on. So worried I would drop them and it get chipped. I'll have some pics pretty soon. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Getting ready to retire mine to Weekend/track toy status as well, I have 128xxx on the clock right now. I can not wait to see pics!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
F10 poser!

:S Hehe, look forward to seeing finished pics.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
They were blasted with some kind of process. I didn't ask for a lot of detail.

The clearcoat made them very slick in my hands while installing them back on. So worried I would drop them and it get chipped. I'll have some pics pretty soon. :)
Probably soda blasted.

Look great.

:cool2:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I just noticed I spelled underway wrong in the title. Must have been the heat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wheels look awesome! Did they refinish in Chrome Shadow or a like process. Or is this a single color?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts