BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

About 1.5 years ago I bought a fuel pump that I'm now in the process of selling. When a potential buyer asked for confirmation of the part number, I took it out of it's bag for the first time and snapped some photos. Now I'm not sure.

The fuel pump says "TI AUTOMOTIVE" then underneath that it says "Poland" as if that's part of the MFR.

Also stamped into the metal of the fuel pump is "BMW".

I found out from a previous M5 thread that this appears to be the supplier for BMW of their e39 m5 fuel pumps now, but I need confirmation before I can comfortably sell this to this potential buyer.

Thanks all,

Joe

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
What is the part number?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay. I was originally looking for guidance if "TI AUTOMOTIVE" is the current supplier for BMW of e39 m5 fuel pumps - i.e. are they currently OE supplier for BMW fuel pumps.

The part number on my invoice stating its a BMW part is 16 14 6 752 369 which appears normal/correct. The part number on the fuel pump is either 12T066 or 16.14-2228 808 OR 7.22013.11.

All of those numbers are distinctly on the fuel pump and stamped into the metal. I can only one find one hit on the middle number above via google and it's to a polish BMW website that google was having problems translating.

Otherwise this fuel pump is a dead-on ringer for an OEM fuel pump, but I've got a potential buyer for the part from this forum and before I sell it advertised as OEM, I want to make sure I'm correct.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Zed. That is a dead on match and even matches the numbers I posted above as stamped into the metal. Looks like TI automotive is now the manufacturer for these pumps for BMW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts