BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all systems (Eisenmann, Tubi, ACS, Active Autowerke etc) fit the coupe and the convertible the same? I read a few posts that some exhausts need to be modified to fit the convertible.

Cheers!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have 07 vert and have done this (twice actually) eisenmann meisteschaft and tubi. The vert (or at least mine) has oval tubing after secondary cat while the coupe has round. All aftermarket systems have round attachments. So your installer while need to change oval to round to make it fit. This is not a big deal.

Some people say (mainly the sellers of various exhausts) that "only some convertibles have this oval connection". To be honest, I think they are just trying to expand their markets because I've yet to see a vert with the same pipes as a coupe. This is why DINAN lists their exhaust as coupe only

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have 07 vert and have done this (twice actually) eisenmann meisteschaft and tubi. The vert (or at least mine) has oval tubing after secondary cat while the coupe has round. All aftermarket systems have round attachments. So your installer while need to change oval to round to make it fit. This is not a big deal.

Some people say (mainly the sellers of various exhausts) that "only some convertibles have this oval connection". To be honest, I think they are just trying to expand their markets because I've yet to see a vert with the same pipes as a coupe. This is why DINAN lists their exhaust as coupe only
huh, learn something new everyday. Mine has round though, my GT system went on without an issue, as did my touring set up. Warren I guess you need to get under the car for a minute to see what shape your pipes are. Round and you can get anything, oval and your f*cked. :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts