BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't posted here in a while figured I'd put up some quick cell phone pics. I'm currently running with some lamin X (Darkest I could get) film on the corner - to cover the orange - to see how I like it and I think am going to get my body shop guy to make that permanent... thoughts?

I also have a Dinan style intake that I will be using, I just had my body shop paint the tunnels gloss black and once I have time we're gonna turn it into a ram air intake feeding air straight to the factory airboxes

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I still have to see it in person one of these days...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gotta love that carbon black! Not sure about the tinted windows though, i have been flirting with the idea of tinting mine but cant decide if i like it

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Rooz, how bout we setup a Charlotte meet at Hendrick? One Sunday morning? You have keys to that place right?? :hihi:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Nice car, can you technically have 2 different plates front & back ?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I tinted my amber corners. I got the idea from member M55555. I believe mine are even darker than his too. They used a "dark smoke" film. The alternative was "light smoke" Couldn't tell you what the light % is. I personally prefer the look...you have my blessing :thumbsup:

here's a couple of mine: you'll notice the amber bulb still illuminates through the tint but I don't mind it...I actually like it glowing from behind the tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
I tinted my amber corners. I got the idea from member M55555. I believe mine are even darker than his too. They used a "dark smoke" film. The alternative was "light smoke" Couldn't tell you what the light % is. I personally prefer the look...you have my blessing :thumbsup:

here's a couple of mine: you'll notice the amber bulb still illuminates through the tint but I don't mind it...I actually like it glowing from behind the tint.
Oh no... I think....

...I see my new favorite modded ///M!!! :applause:

You've got taste! Jet Black rules :M5thumbs:

Btw, what halos are you styling JCM55555?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still have to see it in person one of these days...
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
We sure do, I really want to do shoot a vid too! I'm moving (just across town) this weekend, am open on weekends mostly. But if you ever stop by the dealership let me know.<o:p></o:p>
Love the front plate lol!!

Thanks, I've had it for 5-6 years now get all kinds of weird comments on it lol, I got the idea of doing it backward from a friend, his read "EMWOLB" lol<o:p></o:p>
Gotta love that carbon black! Not sure about the tinted windows though, i have been flirting with the idea of tinting mine but cant decide if i like it

Thanks :) as for the tint, I couldn't own a car that does not have tint, I just don't feel as comfortable without it.<o:p></o:p>
Rooz, how bout we setup a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Charlotte</st1:place></st1:City> meet at Hendrick? One Sunday morning? You have keys to that place right?? <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" coordsize="21600,21600" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" id=_x0000_i1025 alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/mhihi.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\rrafie\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Haha, yeah I sure DON'T have the keys, lol. We need to get some M5 owners to hit up a cars and coffee (perhaps at a certain time maybe later than 8 am on a Saturday, lol?)<o:p></o:p>
Nice car, can you technically have 2 different plates front & back ?

Thanks, front is a vanity plate, rear is the legal one<o:p></o:p>
I like the window tint. What percent is that?

It's 3M 15%, it's their second tier of film, not the entry level. I've had all sorts of films but I really like the 3M one, color wise it looks the best I think. I wanted 20% originally but 15% feels and looks good since our windows are so big. And also they do not offer the 20% in the second tier (quality wise)<o:p></o:p>
I tinted my amber corners. I got the idea from member M55555. I believe mine are even darker than his too. They used a "dark smoke" film. The alternative was "light smoke" Couldn't tell you what the light % is. I personally prefer the look...you have my blessing <v:shape style="WIDTH: 36.75pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" id=_x0000_i1026 alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/bigok.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\rrafie\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
Yeah, I don't mind it illuminating through I just wanted to hide the orange and this works well so I think am going to go ahead and do it. And, actually legally I think it "has" to illuminat through.... not that it really matters, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts