BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have applied the Dinan SW upgrade (Kelvin? Felix?): What performance enhancements have you seen? As I understand it, there's no HP boost. Just a couple hundred RPM additional per gear, and removal of the top speed limiter. Can you see any actual improvement in 0-60 times? Can you validate the top-speed limiter removal? I've hit the 155 (speedo reads over 160) limit in my M5, and would love to take it all the way up to max speed. Of course, I'd never do this on a public road ;-)

I have ordered the strut tower brace. Any noticeable improvements in cornering?

I also understand that cold air induction and exhaust system updates are forthcoming. Anyone installed something else (from a different tuner) they'd like to comment on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
To be honest, my car just broke 1200 miles, so I have not been hard on her. With that said I do not see any speed improvement with the upgrade. I just do not feel a difference.

·
Banned
121 Posts
Steve,

I didn't do any chip upgrades. Since there is no horsepower increase, I feel that the Dinan chip upgrade isn't worth it. I don't want them to change the sport and normal modes that comes with the car originally. My car is on original mode everyday.

Kelvin

·
Registered
128 Posts
steve,
i have a lot of confidence in steve dinan. i'm taking my E39 M5 in for the software upgrade next week. from what i've heard, it produces significantly better throttle response in both modes: sport and default. plus an extra 300 rpm's has to be useful. and the big bonus: you can go as fast as you want to go!
best wishes,
michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the DINAN ugrade.......and the thing that was most worth it was the removal of the PAUSE in the STICK ......... the throttle is so smooth now......NO BUNNY HOPPING anymore............just AWESOME

1 - 5 of 5 Posts