BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gas mileage - what can I expect in the city?

Any difference by driving in P400 as far as gas mileage?

Do any here have regular sound instead of premium sound? Is premium sound worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
All of these have been answered, just do a search.

1) Depends on driving, expect 9-13mpg
2) No, no one has proven that P400 gets better/worse gas mileage than P500, most claim it's the same.
3) If you like your audio, then get the premium sound...

-F

·
Registered
994 Posts
gas mileage - what can I expect in the city?

Any difference by driving in P400 as far as gas mileage?

Do any here have regular sound instead of premium sound? Is premium sound worth it?

Thanks!
Premium sound makes your ears bleed. Must have.

P400 and P500 yield little-to-no difference.

if you have as much traffic as Los Angeles and you like to step on it, expect no better than the 7.4mpg I'm getting. However, mixed use you'll see 13.5mpg and I've had as good as 19.x on a run.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excellent help, thanks!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Premium sound makes your ears bleed. Must have.

P400 and P500 yield little-to-no difference.

if you have as much traffic as Los Angeles and you like to step on it, expect no better than the 7.4mpg I'm getting. However, mixed use you'll see 13.5mpg and I've had as good as 19.x on a run.
You're really only getting 7.4? I'm in LA and I'm always in 405/5/101 traffic. I drive pretty aggressively and I'm getting just over 11 mpg. Maybe you just drive like a madman?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm in LA, car's a couple months old... i avg. 10-11.5 mpg, though my commute to work is only 6.5 miles. If fuel consumtion/price is an issue, then you might want to re-think the M5... though, i don't think there is another car like the M5, It's the total package, this thing does it all, I absolutly love this car.

you'll soon forget that your spending $60 bucks on gas every three days

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I think M5 is one of the worst gas mileage especially with the tank size. The low fuel warning sign pop up with 1/4 tank left, and first I thought like what...:eek:oohhh:...soon you will realize it won't take long to gulp down 1/4 tank. If you are getting E60 M5, gas has to be no concern for you...I will said it worth every gallon of the fuel driving in S6 and P500S..why bother driving in P400

·
Registered
147 Posts
Premium Sound - YES

Difference in P400/ 500 - little or no difference, actually I find that I get slightly better economy in P500 beleive it or not!

Fuel consumption - around the city about 22.5l/100km, mixed use about 18l/100km, highway driving about 12.5l/100km.

Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts