BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven the new M5 on the track recently, very short track based test (my new one arrives Aug/Sept) but I would love to hear from any new M5 owners who upgraded from E46 M3 on their comparative impressions of M3 to M5 on the following:

- on road dynamics, size & feel comparison on real roads
- suspension, handling, grip comparison
- 7 speed vs 6 speed SMG and ratios when fast driving backroads
- and whatever else you like to offer

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Search is your friend..... many threads with E46 M3 owners comparing the majority of what you are asking for.

And realize that there are very few delivered cars on the board...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dan - you are tough....

[

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Re: Dan - you are tough....

Actually, I am not. But when these topics have been discussed to death over the course of the last few months, what is the point of starting a thread on it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Dan - you are tough....

vndkshn said:
Actually, I am not. But when these topics have been discussed to death over the course of the last few months, what is the point of starting a thread on it?
I have been reading all threads for a very long time, maybe not posting for very long so I am new to that, I was being more specific as I asked for, and it was directed to anyone who might have taken delivery and was previous or current M3 owner.

I didn't think it was a stupid or wasted time thread, sorry for wasting your time if that is the way of the board.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would agree - so what if we have already discussed it

I have been a **** waiting list for this car for 2 years. A little treat of info now and then helps get me through the day....hiha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I would agree - so what if we have already discussed it

stominovich said:
I have been a **** waiting list for this car for 2 years. A little treat of info now and then helps get me through the day....hiha

My sentiments exactly, thanks for your support.

·
Registered
236 Posts

1.NEON said:
My sentiments exactly, thanks for your support.
Can't hurt to give someone a little info on a prospective purchase.
Come on guys, it's a big purchase, help him out.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Interesting thread love to see the comparison. Not a waste of time in my books.

Talking about annoying posts, I actually find the hard liners asking others to search more annoying than a repeated question itself. It's kind of like a double waste of my time, if you know what I mean..

·
Registered
255 Posts
If the member's post was wasting your time. Why would you come to that thread the first time? Now please, respect each other and have the personal attacks at PM and not here.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Ok, there have been ZERO, count them ZERO personal attacks in this thread. He could have searched, could have started a new thread etc. But claiming there were personal attacks is a little over done Rocket. Sorry, but there is a certain situation that requires a post like that.
:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts