BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have driven the new M5 on the track recently, very short track based test (my new one arrives Aug/Sept) but I would love to hear from any new M5 owners who upgraded from E46 M3 on their comparative impressions of M3 to M5 on the following:

- on road dynamics, size & feel comparison on real roads
- suspension, handling, grip comparison
- 7 speed vs 6 speed SMG and ratios when fast driving backroads
- and whatever else you like to offer

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Re: Dan - you are tough....

Actually, I am not. But when these topics have been discussed to death over the course of the last few months, what is the point of starting a thread on it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Dan - you are tough....

vndkshn said:
Actually, I am not. But when these topics have been discussed to death over the course of the last few months, what is the point of starting a thread on it?
I have been reading all threads for a very long time, maybe not posting for very long so I am new to that, I was being more specific as I asked for, and it was directed to anyone who might have taken delivery and was previous or current M3 owner.

I didn't think it was a stupid or wasted time thread, sorry for wasting your time if that is the way of the board.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would agree - so what if we have already discussed it

I have been a **** waiting list for this car for 2 years. A little treat of info now and then helps get me through the day....hiha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I would agree - so what if we have already discussed it

stominovich said:
I have been a **** waiting list for this car for 2 years. A little treat of info now and then helps get me through the day....hiha

My sentiments exactly, thanks for your support.

·
Registered
236 Posts

1.NEON said:
My sentiments exactly, thanks for your support.
Can't hurt to give someone a little info on a prospective purchase.
Come on guys, it's a big purchase, help him out.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Interesting thread love to see the comparison. Not a waste of time in my books.

Talking about annoying posts, I actually find the hard liners asking others to search more annoying than a repeated question itself. It's kind of like a double waste of my time, if you know what I mean..

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Ok, there have been ZERO, count them ZERO personal attacks in this thread. He could have searched, could have started a new thread etc. But claiming there were personal attacks is a little over done Rocket. Sorry, but there is a certain situation that requires a post like that.
:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.