BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as my car is parked for the winter figured I would do some mods.
Picked up some alloy technic b9's in black.
Painted my RPI scoops Interlagos.

So I'm going to do suspension. I still need to have some comfort as I have a little guy that rides with me soon to be
A second one soon :) so h&r and rd is out.

1) So Eibach with rdsport sways or Dinan stage 2?

2) want to do blue LEDs in the mirror lights and the bottom if the doors, can't seem to find them... Any leads?

3) best place to get carbon front and side grills as well as lower mirror covers?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
279 Posts
JLevi Streetwerks (one of our forum sponsors) has the carbon fiber grills you are looking for.

I am curious if you have considered KW for your suspension... the Variant 3 set up they have is pretty much the pinnacle of coil-overs.
I had Eibach set up on one of my track cars and I snapped the sway bar& bent a shock. Personally, I don't think I will be using them again (though I had no negative feedback under normal driving conditions).

The LED work is a preference thing. Most of the time, the best thing to do is to complete the job yourself if you are mechanically & electrically inclined. Just a reminder as I learned the hard way... don't forget to put a voltage regulator in the lines to your LEDs ... I jump-started my car and fried a few LEDs :D
-- Personally, I saw a 2005 with tons of LED work on it and it looked too childish, 90s and gimmicky. The guy tried to sell it, and most of his custom work was tasteful, but the pictures of the light-show at night was the deal breaker for all his potential buyers. He ended up paying someone to remove all the LEDs just so he could sell it.
::: So I would get a few alternate opinions prior to wiring the car all up ... but if you are adamant about it and don't care what others think, go for it

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Member Dan "whatheheck" Loyola has done lots of DIY mods including aftermarket accessory lights (LED). He is an electrical engineer and the DIY posts he makes are top notch. Do a search for his lights project or PM him.

Good luck and be sure to post photos of your mods when they are done.

·
Registered
60 Posts

So I'm going to do suspension. I still need to have some comfort as I have a little guy that rides with me soon to be

2) want to do blue LEDs in the mirror lights and the bottom if the doors, can't seem to find them... Any leads?

3) best place to get carbon front and side grills as well as lower mirror covers?

Thanks guys
I did the Dinan stage 2 and am very happy with it. Can't really compare with the others since I have never driven them, but the stage 2 still works with the EDS, whereas it is my understanding that the others do not. When I put the suspension in it's 'softest' it is as soft as before the change out as best as I can remember. I got my gills and grills from Modbargains.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
JLevi Streetwerks (one of our forum sponsors) has the carbon fiber grills you are looking for.

I am curious if you have considered KW for your suspension... the Variant 3 set up they have is pretty much the pinnacle of coil-overs.
I had Eibach set up on one of my track cars and I snapped the sway bar& bent a shock. Personally, I don't think I will be using them again (though I had no negative feedback under normal driving conditions).

The LED work is a preference thing. Most of the time, the best thing to do is to complete the job yourself if you are mechanically & electrically inclined. Just a reminder as I learned the hard way... don't forget to put a voltage regulator in the lines to your LEDs ... I jump-started my car and fried a few LEDs :D
-- Personally, I saw a 2005 with tons of LED work on it and it looked too childish, 90s and gimmicky. The guy tried to sell it, and most of his custom work was tasteful, but the pictures of the light-show at night was the deal breaker for all his potential buyers. He ended up paying someone to remove all the LEDs just so he could sell it.
::: So I would get a few alternate opinions prior to wiring the car all up ... but if you are adamant about it and don't care what others think, go for it
+ 1

Good advice!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Member Dan "whatheheck" Loyola has done lots of DIY mods including aftermarket accessory lights (LED). He is an electrical engineer and the DIY posts he makes are top notch. Do a search for his lights project or PM him.

Good luck and be sure to post photos of your mods when they are done.
+1:M5thumbs:

·
8,369 Posts
Re:blue LED's:

1) Mirrors: I have yet to find a plug and play LED for the mirrors.
2) For the doors, there are plenty in eBay. I have a DIY post here, just kindly do a search.
If I remember correctly, the door bulbs are 39mm Festoon.

So just find the brightest 39mm blue festoon LED on eBay and you should be good to go.
They are very easy to remove and replace. Festoon LED's are plug and play.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dan

Read your diy already. Very helpful

But I have searched around and haven't found anything for the mirrors yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

For the above posts I ended up going with KW V3's
I will be putting them on in a couple weeks. Should look great with the new rims.
Also went gloss black grills and side grills.
And painted my scoops interlagos and will be doing my calipers interlagos as well.
Pics to follow when I'm done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts