BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some general questions about Supercharging my m3. I have a 2005 e46 M3 with about 80,000Km on it (50,000 Miles) and I am thinking about buying the Active Autowerke Gen 6 Stage 2 Supercharger which should bring the HP to about 605 app...rox. I know I should also buy high performance headers and a free-flowing exhaust so that the car can handle the system better.

1) Of course the SC system will decrease my car's engine life, how long do you think my car would last with it?

2) Do you recommend buying a new clutch, i currently have a stock clutch (the whole car is bone stock)

3) Has anyone heard of any problems with supercharging an m3..what about good points?

4) On average how much does it cost to maintain a supercharger (Annually)

Any other tips and/or hints would be much appreciated!

Oh and for anyone living in Bahrain, do you know any professional high quality places that I can install the SC system or perhaps install other mods? Thank you in advance!

Assim

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
186 Posts
I have some general questions about Supercharging my m3. I have a 2005 e46 M3 with about 80,000Km on it (50,000 Miles) and I am thinking about buying the Active Autowerke Gen 6 Stage 2 Supercharger which should bring the HP to about 605 app...rox. I know I should also buy high performance headers and a free-flowing exhaust so that the car can handle the system better.

1) Of course the SC system will decrease my car's engine life, how long do you think my car would last with it?
The engine life of a F/I car is reduced but its very hard to pinpoint the exact engine life lost since it varies from car to car. We have supercharged hundreds of M3s and some customer prefer to go with piston upgrades such as forged pistons to handle the additional power and extend the life of the engine. If that is something that your not ready to do, I would sincerely suggest going with level 1.5 where you will be able to keep more of the stock components as they are (ie clutch, pistons etc)

2) Do you recommend buying a new clutch, i currently have a stock clutch (the whole car is bone stock)

We would recommend an Active Autowerke performance clutch upgrade for the Level 2 setup, since the stock clutch will not handle the increased power delivery for long. The stock clutch will work with the level 1.5 kit as long as you don't ride the clutch.

3) Has anyone heard of any problems with supercharging an m3..what about good points?
The power band is very similar to a stock M3 so you feel like you driving a stock M3 under 4K rpms over that the M3 wakes up very angry and roars out the 500+ crank horsepower

4) On average how much does it cost to maintain a supercharger (Annually)

Changing the supercharger belt every 5-7K and changing the supercharger oil every 30K-40K

Any other tips and/or hints would be much appreciated!
Active Autowerke Headers and Rear Exhaust are needed for optimum performance.

Oh and for anyone living in Bahrain, do you know any professional high quality places that I can install the SC system or perhaps install other mods? Thank you in advance!

Assim
PM for more information

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the prompt respone, it was of great help to me!

AA stage 1.5 SC system, how much HP and torque does that provide?
As for changing the SC belt (5-7K) and SC oil (30-40K) is that in Miles of Kilometers? Would you happen to know the cost of these items for changing them? (On average)?

There is an Active Autowerke Provider here in Bahrain (Bimmers Autowerke) i'll go pay them a visit sometime soon :D.

Thank you again!

Assim

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:goldcup:

AA stage 1.5 SC system, how much HP and torque does that provide?
As for changing the SC belt (5-7K) and SC oil (30-40K) is that in Miles of Kilometers? Would you happen to know the cost of these items for changing them? (On average)?

There is an Active Autowerke Provider here in Bahrain (Bimmers Autowerke) i'll go pay them a visit sometime soon :D.

Thank you again!

Assim

·
Registered
750 Posts

Assim
Ultimate Euromotors should be able to do the install. I've heard that they have successfully installed SC/turbo kits on M power bimmers in the past.

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
186 Posts
AA S/C

AA stage 1.5 SC system, how much HP and torque does that provide? approx. 440-450rwhp with AA headers and Exhaust
As for changing the SC belt (5-7K) and SC oil (30-40K) is that in Miles of Kilometers? That is in miles. Would you happen to know the cost of these items for changing them? (On average)? Minimal costs; belts are $30 and $60.

There is an Active Autowerke Provider here in Bahrain (Bimmers Autowerke) i'll go pay them a visit sometime soon :D. Let me know if you have anymore questions. When you go there let them know that you were speaking to Ryan at Active and he gave you some information. PM me with your email and I will send over a product presentation for you to review. It's my pleasure to help out

Thank you again!

Assim
Email: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts