BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang; regardless of what gear, a VERY rough/stumbling phenomenon occurs under 2K RPM & smoothes out completely after that point. The car is at operatiing temp.

Dinan stage 2 SW installed.

Any thoughts such as; "they all do that"? Or it's the MAF etc. ?
This beauty in new to me - just gathering a bunch of data points from ya'all :blink:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Could you elaborate on what you mean by stumbling? Does your car "buck" or does it just feel like the engine is running roughly?

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XrayMD said:
Could you elaborate on what you mean by stumbling? Does your car "buck" or does it just feel like the engine is running roughly?

:cheers:
Hi Steve; yes, for a few seconds when applying perhaps 50% or more accelerator pressure, it's very rough (not bucking) with little acceleration until 2,000 RPM & beyond is assumed, whereafter, all seems "normal".

Thanks for any suggestions....
Car's odo. showing 30K miles

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have this.

Discussed it with a tech today and we suspect that this is a symptom of the way the Vanos operates.

Having said that the 'usual suspects' must also be taken into consideration i.e. fuel tank ventilation valve and cam sensors.

I'd be very interested in others' experiences.

Mine feels as though there is a massive hole in the torque curve below 2,500 rpm.

Regs,
Michael

·
10,445 Posts
This doesn't sound normal to me. My 00 M5 is quite smooth from idle to redline, when warm. A little rough at low rpms cold, which is normal. No SES light?
Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
some crappy gas founds its way into your tank. Have the injectors cleaned and you will see the problem go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts