BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I am in the process of buying a 2007 Certified Pre-Owned CPO M5 from a private seller. Does anyone on the board know what this CPO entails? From what I've been reading, I would be covered by BMW warranty up to 6yrs/100K miles (whichever comes first). Will this also extend the free scheduled maintainence? Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi -

I am in the process of buying a 2007 Certified Pre-Owned CPO M5 from a private seller. Does anyone on the board know what this CPO entails? From what I've been reading, I would be covered by BMW warranty up to 6yrs/100K miles (whichever comes first). Will this also extend the free scheduled maintainence? Please advise. Thank you.
CPO adds 2 yrs and 50k miles to factory warranty, so it becomes 6 yrs / 100k miles from in service date. Note that CPO warranty has a lot of exclusions, while factory warranty does not. See list of exclusions on BMW website.

Maintenance is not extended.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't think CPO covers maintenance. My last car was CPO but I don't remember maintenance being covered. I did the maintenance myself (530i) and drove it for 100K miles. It never had any problems so I never had it to the dealer for anything, that's why I can't remember exactly.

Also, make sure that the CPO is transferable to you. I thought it was only for the person who bought the car from the dealer that CPO'd it?

-Dave

EDIT: petesamprs beat me to the click!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Also, make sure that the CPO is transferable to you. I thought it was only for the person who bought the car from the dealer that CPO'd it?
CPO is tranferable with BMW without any paperwork. Audi not so much. Maintenance is separate. If you call BMW with the VIN they will tell you what the car has. CPO has limitations. Rattles, trim, electronics, etc. are not covered. See bmwusa.com for complete details. Mostly engine, drivetrain and mechanical are covered by CPO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts