BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my IATS relocation kit sitting in my glove box since May, I'd like to install it but I have a couple of questions.
I live in Toronto and plan on driving the car through the winter. If I relocate the temp sensor should I worry about DME not allowing the engine to warm up on very cold days? Does my question make any sense?
Also regarding location of the sensor, I'm inclined to relocate it to the air box as Bill (Elevens) did, as opposed to the front bumper because of the cold winter weather. Any thoughts on this?
Cheers,

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Stan...I wouldn't worry about the winter with the IATS. Mine has worked fine in cold weather. While I have mine in the front bumper, I do think that the airbox location may be more optimal...go for it. You'll love the difference in the summer.

:cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XrayMD said:
Stan...I wouldn't worry about the winter with the IATS. Mine has worked fine in cold weather. While I have mine in the front bumper, I do think that the airbox location may be more optimal...go for it. You'll love the difference in the summer.

:cheers:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll install it in the next week or so. It's quite amazing how much more responsive the car is now that the weather has gotten cooler.
Cheers,
Stan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts