BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Robert,

I checked it out a few months ago, and had the dealer pull the agreements for review.

The agreement excludes modified cars, specifically Dinan mods, like the CAI. Since my Dinan work was all done at the dealership and documented, I was not able to buy the extended warranty.

Bill

·
Registered
797 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Hi Guys,
Has anyone on this board been able to extend their existing BMW warranty from 4yrs/50,000 and purchase the BMW extended warranty, which adds coverage up to 6yrs/100,000 miles? Will BMW allow this??? :3: :3:
Robert. I think that you're SOL (as I am as well) since BMW will not do an extended warranty on any car with Dinan mods. Believe me, I've gone through this with BMW several times now.

I've also given up on third-party extended warranties. They all exclude any aftermarket modified cars.

Jeff :cheers:

·
10,455 Posts
that surprises me, since you can buy a dinan CPO car. Robert, maybe you can get a dinan dealer to cpo your car. I believe dinan also extends their warranty to match the cpo warranty. Not as good as factory, but better than nothing!
Mike

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mottati said:
that surprises me, since you can buy a dinan CPO car. Robert, maybe you can get a dinan dealer to cpo your car. I believe dinan also extends their warranty to match the cpo warranty. Not as good as factory, but better than nothing!
Mike

Thanks Mike.
Guys, I'll look into this by reaching out to Dinan. I will then report back to this thread to update all of you on their position on this topic.
Robert :viking:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was able to get an aftermarket service agreement that covers my Dinan S2, bought through my BMW dealer but sold by someone called EasyCare. It covers basically everything except maintenance items, 4 yrs 75k total miles, about $2500. It was the only one I found that would cover modified car, price seemed pretty competitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts