BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process or ordering my 2001 M5. I'm planning on steel blue for the exterior (special order from the 3 series color, the dealer says BMW has OK'ed it with $2400 extra cost and 4-6 week additional time). I'm thinking of the silvertone sport interior but I'm confused on the difference between the sportive and exclusive interiors. What's the difference? Are the seats the same? What are those black seats in the 2000 M5 catalog with the vertical stitching?
Also I was planning on the aluminum trim but now I'm having 2nd thoughts after reading the earlier posting. But I think my dealer did mention something about BMW improving the finish on the Al trim for '01 to make it more durable. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by kuh:
kuh,

All I and several others can tell you is, that unless BMW has stopped using that silver plastic they call sportive, your better off without it. I like the unflaked look, but it seems to eventually always get there. You might ask how they have improved the trim pieces. If they say better quality plastic, send them to me and I will tell them what they can do with any kind of plastic. DO NOT GET IT UNLESS IT IS REAL ALUMINUM! Enough said.

Mark

I'm in the process or ordering my 2001 M5. I'm planning on steel blue for the exterior (special order from the 3 series color, the dealer says BMW has OK'ed it with $2400 extra cost and 4-6 week additional time). I'm thinking of the silvertone sport interior but I'm confused on the difference between the sportive and exclusive interiors. What's the difference? Are the seats the same? What are those black seats in the 2000 M5 catalog with the vertical stitching?
Also I was planning on the aluminum trim but now I'm having 2nd thoughts after reading the earlier posting. But I think my dealer did mention something about BMW improving the finish on the Al trim for '01 to make it more durable. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I have had the sportive trim all along (2/00 build date), and nothing of mine has flaked or rattled or peeled. All in perfectly fine condition. And it does seem to be aluminum, because I accidentally screatched a small bit of my driver-side door handle..looked aluminum.

Persoally, I think it looks much better than the wood trim, but that's just my opinion.

--Dan

BTW, nice choice ont he Steel blue. Should look AWESOME.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The answer to your other question.... the vertically stitched seats are the ones that come with the Exclusive interior or whatever they're calling it this year.... the horizontal stitching is the Sport interior.

·
Registered
319 Posts
kuh- Please see my post above on special ordering paint colors for the M5. I could use your insight on this one. Thanks. daveG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts