BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a long ways off, but I expect to be ordering my M5 in the next few months. I've pretty much decided on Silverstone II/Silverstone/Piano Black if I can get it. My dealer has assured me that I can order Individual, but it will take a bit longer.

My question is, if I'm only ordering the Piano Black trim as the Individual part, what kind of delay should I expect? It's going to be tough to wait any extra time at all, but since I've waited this long, I figure I might as well get what I want. Anyone have experience with ordering just the trim?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wolverine said:
I know it's a long ways off, but I expect to be ordering my M5 in the next few months. I've pretty much decided on Silverstone II/Silverstone/Piano Black if I can get it. My dealer has assured me that I can order Individual, but it will take a bit longer.

My question is, if I'm only ordering the Piano Black trim as the Individual part, what kind of delay should I expect? It's going to be tough to wait any extra time at all, but since I've waited this long, I figure I might as well get what I want. Anyone have experience with ordering just the trim?
Gidday Wolverine,

I have ordered my M5 with piano black trim. In fact it was due to start production today (week 17), and apparantly there will be no delay. I am in the first round of deliveries for Australia, of which there shall be 13 cars. My car is Silver Grey on Black. Australian cars are highly specced as standard so there are only four options I think. Vented seats, folding rear seats (tick), rear spoiler (tick no cost) and laminated side and rear glass.

Can't bloody wait! I have had my money down since June, 2003.

Will be sellling my Titan Silver E46 M3 to make way.

btw has anyone heard of a 'kit' so to speak to allow for the installation of the E39 M5 v8 into an E46 M3? - any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
storageking said:
Gidday Wolverine,

I have ordered my M5 with piano black trim. In fact it was due to start production today (week 17), and apparantly there will be no delay. I am in the first round of deliveries for Australia, of which there shall be 13 cars. My car is Silver Grey on Black. Australian cars are highly specced as standard so there are only four options I think. Vented seats, folding rear seats (tick), rear spoiler (tick no cost) and laminated side and rear glass.

btw has anyone heard of a 'kit' so to speak to allow for the installation of the E39 M5 v8 into an E46 M3? - any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave
Great news Dave, and make sure to give us a report once you get the car! I think the Piano Black is by far the classiest looking trim. A good mix of sporty and luxurious. Hopefully I'll be able to order the same trim here in the states, and won't be gouged too much on the price. I mean, how much can they charge for a different trim??

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wolverine said:
Great news Dave, and make sure to give us a report once you get the car! I think the Piano Black is by far the classiest looking trim. A good mix of sporty and luxurious. Hopefully I'll be able to order the same trim here in the states, and won't be gouged too much on the price. I mean, how much can they charge for a different trim??
Agree on piano black, very nice indeed. Any good photos?

·
Registered
520 Posts
storageking said:
Gidday Wolverine,

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave. When are they quoting delivery for your car?

Mark :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wolverine said:
charging $1,700, aussie.........

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Wolverine --

Please keep us posted on your progress with Individual order. I agree that piano black is an attractive option. I may go the Individual route, and am considering onyx blue.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
FYI I ordered Individual interior trim (figured light ash) and the delay is currently about 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
storageking said:
Gidday Wolverine,

Cheers,

Dave
See this thread:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40183

·
Registered
559 Posts
I hate to rain on your parade, but as a fellow North American (albeit governed by BMW Canada Inc. rather than BMW of North America, LLC), I have been told by the General Sales Manager at my Canadian retailer that the Individual Program for the M5 will not be available for the 2006 model year. It will be available starting with the 2007 model year.

However, they will paint your car one of the Individual exterior colours for an added charge for the 2006 model year.

I strongly suspect that your dealer will get back to you with the sad news: no piano black trim for you if you want a 2006 model year M5!:sad2:

Best regards,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Spiroman said:
I hate to rain on your parade, but as a fellow North American (albeit governed by BMW Canada Inc. rather than BMW of North America, LLC), I have been told by the General Sales Manager at my Canadian retailer that the Individual Program for the M5 will not be available for the 2006 model year. It will be available starting with the 2007 model year.

However, they will paint your car one of the Individual exterior colours for an added charge for the 2006 model year.

I strongly suspect that your dealer will get back to you with the sad news: no piano black trim for you if you want a 2006 model year M5!:sad2:

Best regards,
When I originally enquired about a trim other than the two wood options or the standard brushed metal look, I was told forget it. Yet I pushed the point personally with the head of product planning for BMW Australia and she pushed it up the line and got a positive result. It may have helped that I was already a loyal BMW fan and I was the first down for the new M5 in Australia - yet even thinking about that, it probably counts for nought!

Reality is it may differ from market to market, as there are 13 cars coming to oz in the first round maybe it wasn't that hard to do as they are all highly specced as standard. In anycase I don't know if piano black is an individual item anyway as I have seen it on a lot of E60's anyway.

We shall see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts