BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the "ALU Shadow" brushed trim in their E60 M5? I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the M5's "ALU Shadow" brushed trim and the E61's "ALU Feinschliff" brushed trim. Is the brushed Aluminum trim from the original M5 publicity photos that BMW released the same as "ALU Shadow"? They usually use the term "shadow" if the color is somewhat darker, but the trim from those publicity pics looked like a light silver colored brushed aluminum.....which is the same as the "ALU Feinschliff". Looking at those M5 pics and pics of cars with Feinschliff the trim looks identical, yet the part numbers in the ETK are different. On the other hand, if the trim in those original publicity pics is NOT the "ALU Shadow" then does anyone have pictures of the ALU Shadow that they can post here? (preferably from your own car so that you can be sure that it is the "REAL" ALU Shadow)

Thanks in Advance for your help,
rodybmw

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmm..........No Replies.:confused:
I'm trying to figure out the same thing color wise I have the brushed aluminum trim in my 2006 M5 and somebody with some big bling scratched the long pull handle.

I actually came on the board to get some clarity and your post came up - with no responses. Bummer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts