·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

StopTech vs Brembo?

Slotted vs Drilled Rotors?

What are the pros and cons of each?

I'm looking to upgrade and don't know much myself, I don't track it so it would be for street driving only, fairly normal conditions but I open it up often enough.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
First off, why do you feel the need for a BBK on a street only car?

If you want a front only kit, then I would reccomend to you the Stoptech 4-piston caliper with 14" drilled rotors. This is their basic and most popular kit. It's the general concensus on this board that Stoptech makes a better product when upgrading only the fronts. They use smaller pistons which eliminate front bias and dive when braking. They also offer a firmer pedal feel.

I would encourage you to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines before spending the money on a BBK. I think for a street car, the money can be spent better in different areas.

Travis

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the only reason i have the StopTechs is for the track

for the street, stainless brake lines and and upgrade to Axxis Ultimates will improve the feel and you'll have all the brake you ever need on the street

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I actually found a pretty good deal on the 4 wheel StopTech Kit. It would be $2595 to do just the front kit vs. $3995 to do all 4, so I figured it was worth it.

I just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were compared to Brembo and if it's worth the extra money.

Also, does the StopTech BBK include the stainless steel brake lines? Or would that be something separate I would have to look into? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
StopTech includes the stainless lines. I have StopTech front only and the car will put you through the windshield on the track. It brakes better than my Z06! I would not bother doing the rear after feeling how incredible the front only is. I am sure Brembo is good, but I can tell you that StopTech kicks freakin butt.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot, might just go with the front kit then.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would. IMO, you're wasting money for the rear. Sure, it's bling, but it's not really necessary.

·
10,455 Posts
The other part of your question is slotted or drilled. Since you say you have no plans on tracking the car, i'm assuming you're doing this mostly for looks. In that case, i think the cross drilled looks better, more in line with other performance cars. Slotted is the way to go for the track, from a durability standpoint, so i've read. I've had my stoptech kit with slotted rotors for a bit over a year, and 3 track weekends. They're great brakes, i'd say comparable to brembos in all but name. In addition, with the sale dave z is having, if i were doing it right now, i'd probably go with a 4 wheel kit, for a little more money, just because they look so good!
Mike

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Amir,
I cant talk yet of Brembo as my 15"er have just got on the car but i will be able to give you my opnion when the car arrives (long story). Anyhow, just like everyone said, the stoptech are very good brakes based on everyone's opinion on the board and the price you saw for all four brakes is actually a christmas discount. The normal price is 5000 so i wanted to point that out to you just incase you wanted to take advantege of this discount.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for pointing that out. I decided to go ahead and order the 4 wheel kit for that price, and I actually opted for the slotted rotors since a few people talked me out of the drilled. Looks of the rotors don't matter much, just wanted a little better performance and mostly to fill up my 19 inch wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts