BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Individual in the USA?

• Yes, I would like more options and information from Individual in the USA.

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • BMW Individual exists in the USA today and I know most about it that I need to know. Dont need more

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I am not interested in better marketing and ordering options of Individual in the USA.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • What is Individual?

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I klicked on the first one as the first I ever heard of BMW Individual was on this web site. I know virtually nothing about it and my dealer never mentioned it. I was handed a brochure and told to pick what I did and didn't want.

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also know little about BMW Individual and have only recently heard of it here on this forum. If they want people to know about it then they'll have to advertise it more or at least make it more out in the open for people to find. Of coarse that might also defeat the whole idea of it being an Individual if it becomes too popular

·
Registered
336 Posts
TygerM9 said:
I also know little about BMW Individual and have only recently heard of it here on this forum. If they want people to know about it then they'll have to advertise it more or at least make it more out in the open for people to find. Of coarse that might also defeat the whole idea of it being an Individual if it becomes too popular
They haven't been advertising it here because they have never officially offered it here, not because they want to keep it as some kind of secret

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, I've never heard the terminology "BMW Individual" before reading it in this forum. That never stopped me from ordering exactly what I wanted, anyway....

:noSMG:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Gustav,
Here's how I see it. I think its fair to say that most of us here are somewhat technically inclined and when we are interested in something we seek it out. I think the typical BMW customer has been like that for some years. As BMW sales volume grows, it also includes people who would not seek out information on BMW, so as a percentage of customers, that group has got to be growing. But, there are still the core who do seek out information. I have seen options for things, such as the video displays on the 7, that you cannot get in the USA, in the catalogs the dealers have. When you ask a sales person about it, they have no idea. I think the typical USA BMW customer does not want to pay a lot more for options so I think BMW NA does a great job of putting together packages. But, I also think they should do a better job of educating the dealerships and customers about what individual can do- for that special customer who is willing to pay for more.

Sorry if this is kind of jumbled- I don't have all that much time right now.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Why do they have to make all the good colours Individual??

Carbonblack is an Individual colour on the E60 as is Caramel leather. These should be standard colours. I think BMW sold more E39 M5's Carbonblack than any other colour. The only reason for making it Individual is to force us to pay more for it grrrrrrr

Who on earth will choose Portland Brown interior? It's disgusting. BMW are forcing us to go Individual which is a rip-off :grrrr:

·
Registered
213 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
Gustav,
Here's how I see it. I think its fair to say that most of us here are somewhat technically inclined and when we are interested in something we seek it out. I think the typical BMW customer has been like that for some years. As BMW sales volume grows, it also includes people who would not seek out information on BMW, so as a percentage of customers, that group has got to be growing. But, there are still the core who do seek out information. I have seen options for things, such as the video displays on the 7, that you cannot get in the USA, in the catalogs the dealers have. When you ask a sales person about it, they have no idea. I think the typical USA BMW customer does not want to pay a lot more for options so I think BMW NA does a great job of putting together packages. But, I also think they should do a better job of educating the dealerships and customers about what individual can do- for that special customer who is willing to pay for more.

Sorry if this is kind of jumbled- I don't have all that much time right now.
I think you nailed it very well with that packages stuff. Even in Europe people don't really like to pille up options and then have to pay almost as much options as the car itself (ok, this is caricature, but you get it). This is the way it's been done until now and it's good for the mnft so it won't change so soon. I think the american way is much better in this :)

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now this thread is sent to press responsible at BMW Sweden and hopefully it will reach Bruhnke throug the hierarchical echeleons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts