BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Individual in the USA?

• Yes, I would like more options and information from Individual in the USA.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • BMW Individual exists in the USA today and I know most about it that I need to know. Dont need more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am not interested in better marketing and ordering options of Individual in the USA.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • What is Individual?

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sunroof has a few drawbacks for street:

-they add chassis flex (some more than other's). Fitting a powered, retractible window involves cutting a hole in the roof and compromising roof gusseting/reinforcements.
-they add about 100 to 150lbs "way up high" (as Gustav mentioned). This is very bad for street or track handling...much like riding around with two mountain bikes strapped to a roof rack every day.
-they are gizmos that invariably malfunction and leak with age
-they reduce headroom
-they substantially reduce safety in rollover situations

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lscman said:
Sunroof has a few drawbacks for street:

-they add chassis flex (some more than other's). Fitting a powered, retractible window involves cutting a hole in the roof and compromising roof gusseting/reinforcements.
-they add about 100 to 150lbs "way up high" (as Gustav mentioned). This is very bad for street or track handling...much like riding around with two mountain bikes strapped to a roof rack every day.
-they are gizmos that invariably malfunction and leak with age
-they reduce headroom
-they substantially reduce safety in rollover situations
I will 2nd the sunroof option. Based on looks alone I would delete the sunroof on any car if possible. Never going to have a leak without a sunroof like the recent threads just posted. Also, they are a pain to wax around when detailing the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Question from Bruhnke: Does Americans want more Individual cars / options?

In Europe we have a lot of those individual cars driving around...in particular leather trims, al kind of colors mangeled in the interior. Extra chroom parts etc.
We have for some models special individual lines.

Not unusual to see over here, after all we are sitting close to headquarters Germany....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts