BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the guys who have the DCT Motorsports CF steering wheel how was the install? I am mainly concerned about the wiring harness part. In the ad the pictures of the wheel don't show the wiring harness so does it transfer over from your stock wheel? Or does the wheel still come with it when you receive it?

The transferring over the paddle shifters looks straight forward.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got it figured out with help from a fellow board member.

Should be ordering shortly if things go as planned. Still debating yes or no lol. ??????:confused3

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Got it figured out with help from a fellow board member.

Should be ordering shortly if things go as planned. Still debating yes or no lol. ??????:confused3
I was considering one very badly at one time until Paul (ACG) reported about his cracking after like a year of use or something like that. Check with him on all the particulars but after reading his story, I decided to pass on it.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I am going with this wheel again but with no CF, I am doing something a little different this time as I want the wheel to last a lifetime :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was considering one very badly at one time until Paul (ACG) reported about his cracking after like a year of use or something like that. Check with him on all the particulars but after reading his story, I decided to pass on it.
Yeah that was one of my main concerns but it comes with a warranty and my car is always garaged so I figured might as well pull the trigger now. I've wanted one since I bought this car. The Hartge one has always caught my eye but been so dang expensive a local I know has one in his car from them and its simply awesome.

I think that wheel is awesome but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing it over. Also, it's pretty pricey. Post pics when you do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Will do, I will make a new thread detailing everything and the install. I am eagerly awaiting lol.

I am going with this wheel again but with no CF, I am doing something a little different this time as I want the wheel to last a lifetime :)
Thanks for your help Paul. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Those things kind of scare me, grab some wheel expecting leather and get polished CF? Could get sketchy...My E39 had custom perf/non per leather with a fatter section which i loved and would like to duplicate on the e60...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts