BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, Here's my situation, a long time ago (almost 2 yrs ago) I had my center stock arm rest/cell phone cradle removed and replaced with an X5 center arm rest which is padded with the soft leather. Today, my BMW tech tells me that in order to do the Blue Tooth upgrade installation kit, I need to have the original stock center arm rest, because part of the Blue Tooth kit gets mounted or installed into the stock arm rest slot. Being that I no longer have this slotted arm rest part, they didn't think they could do this modification to my car. So my question is has anyone done this mod
"Blue Tooth Upgrade" and done so without the stock sloted arm rest part? If yes, how was it done??? Is there a way I can do this without utilizing the OEM stock arm rest that has the slot in the center ??? Last question if your answer is yes, then can you provide me with a part number of what's required to do this mod or at least the description of what I'd need to do this mod without using the center arm rest.
Thank Guys!

:confused2

·
10,455 Posts
Sure, the only thing you need is the pairing button. This can just be plugged in temporarily to pair your phone, then disconnected if you desire, or you can install the pairing button elsewhere. The e46 bt kit has a separate pairing button you can install in the little storage cubby in front of the armrest.

Again, you only need the pairing button to set up a new phone.
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts