BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my VT525 kit and have a few questions.

1. Did you replace your fuel pump before the install as preventative maintenance?

2. Do you have to remove your IAT relocation kit to the OEM position after installing the kit?

3. Do you have to run different spark plugs or are OEM still ok?

4. Anything else I should know about the install or do/replace beforehand?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I just ordered my VT525 kit and have a few questions.

1. Did you replace your fuel pump before the install as preventative maintenance?

2. Do you have to remove your IAT relocation kit to the OEM position after installing the kit?

3. Do you have to run different spark plugs or are OEM still ok?

4. Anything else I should know about the install or do/replace beforehand?

Thanks.
1. I had previously replaced mine as part of preventative maintenance. Easy job, and there will be more fuel flowing....so YES

2. Both your intakes and filter boxes will be removed during ESS install...so yes..it will be removed. The IATS will be on your new intake

3. OEM are fine...although, depending on mileage, now might be a good time...not necessary tho

4. Do yourself a favor and get enough vacuum hose to replace all under plenum while you have it off...you will be amazed how brittle they have become. Also...might want to order a new set of Crank Case Ventilation hoses...if worn, or cracked..since you will put the new ESS oil separators on...

Now is also a good time to do preventative replacement on your fan clutch, since you will be right there while installing the new pulleys.

Just a couple of suggestions...I had to undo a lot of installation because I found a broken vacuum hose on mine!

Cheers,
Brian

Have a BLAST!!!!!!!!

PS...the ESS guys are REALLY helpful if you run into problems. I spoke with Hans in Europe at midnight when I got into a bind....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts