BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. What's the traffic (added time) on the 210/110/10 from a) Pasadena and b) San Gabriel, to Union Station / Downtown, at 9am, midweek?

Debating taking the Gold line from (a) to avoid any drive/park hassle DT. But (b) would be closer for driving. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If the Gold Line fits your schedule I say go for it. The 210 and 10 westbound and the 110 south are all miserable in the morning. I used to commute from Glendora to Santa Monica and back (after 3 months I gave up and rented a room over there). Any time after 6:00 it was a solid 2 hour commute.

Check out google maps traffic at that time for a few days and you will pretty quickly get the point.

$0.02

N

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,272 Posts
^^Spot on with his recommendation.

sigalert.com can give you a snapshot of the current traffic.

Typical morning, if you have to commute:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Important thing to keep in mind...there are a series of tunnels on the way back from DT to pasadena on the 110 North! Depending on how far south you need to get into DT, it's not a particularly bad drive (when compared to freeways like the 405, 10, and 210 east of pasadena), and in most places, covered parking can be had for around $10 all day in a relatively central location. I don't know how familiar you are with the area...let me know if you need any help.

Also, another thing to consider...I don't know how long you're planning to stay or what your priorities are, so this may be irrelevant....but most parts of Pasadena are better than every part of Alhambra.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,272 Posts
Important thing to keep in mind...there are a series of tunnels on the way back from DT to pasadena on the 110 North! Depending on how far south you need to get into DT, it's not a particularly bad drive (when compared to freeways like the 405, 10, and 210 east of pasadena), and in most places, covered parking can be had for around $10 all day in a relatively central location. I don't know how familiar you are with the area...let me know if you need any help.
Definately, the hardest part of our traffic, is knowing the alternate routes on the fly, besides the freeways. Many times the long way is quicker.

Reactions: threepedals

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took baxkr's advice. Scouted traffic before flying out for a day. Used Pasadena+Metro even though the suggested route down Valley Blvd was supposedly only 35mins. Opting for the train provided 45' to read instead. Squeezed in a meeting, lunch at Philippe The Original, and two dinners at Newport Seafood. HOV lanes were big for us to/from LAX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts