BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What navigation do you use?

Friends,

I am living in the Netherlands and next month I will travel East Europe with my M5. I will be travel true Romenia, Bulgaria and Greece (and the country's to get there....).

I asked at my dealer for an Eastern European navigation DVD (orginal BMW). They looked at me with big glazing eyes....... Even BMW Netherlands didn't know enything about it.

I wrote (translated by a friend) a email to BMW Romenia.....you guess it...no answer.

I have seen X5's BMW's etc etc driving over there....so it MUST be sold over there.

Can anybody help me?

Oh..and before I get any jokes about people steeling my car....I have heard them....and I have full insurance and tracking and tracing....and....I am a big boy :D

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I think your usual dealer can help you with this.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmmm;

" asked at my dealer for an Eastern European navigation DVD (orginal BMW). They looked at me with big glazing eyes....... Even BMW Netherlands didn't know enything about it"....do I need to say more? :D

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I think you need to ask them to try a little harder

The least they can do is see if those DVD's exist.

Can't imagine nobody of the insiders knows whats what.

I am sure it exists, because I have seen the E39 taxis with big screen in Prague showing maps.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Ha ha call me first I would like to see that

To be honest, if Eric says no show, he's probably right. Value him quite high now that I know him good enough to judge.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I'll poke around in my old network tomorrow.

You have the normal BMW nav? 16:9?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you go east on europe the last country where you will have navigation is Czeck Republic! Once you're in Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria ... you will not have any digital maps! Now they're working on digital maps (Garmin I think) and will be available within a year!

·
Registered
650 Posts
No!
It can be with navigation system but ... doesn't work yet ... because no digital maps yet .... you will get an error something like ... your're not on a digital road ... or something like that ...

So....if you buy a BMW E60 M5 lets say....in Bucarest; There is no navigation?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhhhhh, wow.

I-Go has those country's on digital maps.....

But.....I will buy some old fashion road maps....

Thanks

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Walked into VPG this afternoon, right after SebringNL told me about this thread. Put a 9.5x19" M5 rear wheel plus tire on Eric's counter and asked him what was keeping those bloody Eastern Europe DVD's. He looked quite startled for a minute, and started chuckling and telling me we are all nuts! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
small world pal

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good! A friend will pick up some shadowline....thingies for me at VPG. I will ask him to aks Eric how much the East European DVD will cost....heheheh

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Yeah I wont refrain myself from bringing that up in the future....

"I need some rotors, pads, and that PDC sensor installed.."

"Oh, and before I forget, an Eastern-Europe nav DVD please "

:hihi:

Or even better:

"I'd like to place an order for a new 760 Protection B5, on one condition.."

·
Registered
929 Posts
What navigation do you use?

Friends,

I am living in the Netherlands and next month I will travel East Europe with my M5. I will be travel true Romenia, Bulgaria and Greece (and the country's to get there....).

I asked at my dealer for an Eastern European navigation DVD (orginal BMW). They looked at me with big glazing eyes....... Even BMW Netherlands didn't know enything about it.

I wrote (translated by a friend) a email to BMW Romenia.....you guess it...no answer.

I have seen X5's BMW's etc etc driving over there....so it MUST be sold over there.

Can anybody help me?

Oh..and before I get any jokes about people steeling my car....I have heard them....and I have full insurance and tracking and tracing....and....I am a big boy :D
Not full coverage, but some -

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=kHFqUX2YWgVSR04GFKjzG8Ko0000-lNrRAUu?ProductUUID=oX0KCggQ5TIAAAESLolJ4xCR&CatalogCategoryID=KoYKCggRx18AAAEODM5tNDzd&JumpTo=OfferList

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday a friend picked up some stuff I ordered at VPG. He aslo sayd; Oh...BTW....how much for the DVD of Eastern Europe?

:7:

Lets make this worldwide....as soon anybody is at the dealer....ask for this DVD....that would be fun.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
en een doosje met bougievonkjes aub

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yesterday a friend picked up some stuff I ordered at VPG. He aslo sayd; Oh...BTW....how much for the DVD of Eastern Europe?

:7:

Lets make this worldwide....as soon anybody is at the dealer....ask for this DVD....that would be fun.
I would join you in this game but I spend my life finding ways of avoiding visiting dealers..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts